Gunco Forums banner

ATF going after AR -15 rifle owner

8K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  campperykid 
#1 ·
I just came across these video's of a great injustice to one of our Veterans by the ATF. If this can happen under a Republican president can you imagine what we have to look forward to under Hillary or Obama. Like Lou Dobb's says, where is the NRA ?Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com#/video/bestoftv/2008/05/07/ldt.gov.g Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

If you have an AR 15 please take a look at this, it will make your blood boil, Lou Dobb's just broke the story, and I got it FWD from my gun club- :help:

#33 ·
I don't think ATF would go after someone possessing a broken weapon unless they could prove that after the weapon broke Olofson kept it in a broken (full auto) state.
If Olofson knew that the rifle was broken and because of this was shooting full auto or in bursts then by law he was in possession of a machine gun and he should have immediately have it repaired.

#35 ·
Agreed, but where did the Feds state that he knew?

Alternative, tin-foil kind of speculation:

Olofson received a reprimand while in the service. The details are sketchy, buried in Army documents that we'll likely never see, but in spite of that reprimand Olofson was allowed enlistment into the National Guard. Someone in the chain of command found out about this error (allowing Olofson back into the services) and decided that he needed to be "reminded" of how he pissed off some career officer.

A couple of strings pulled, a marker or two called in, and Olofson found himself the subject of attention by the BATF. A career-hungry prosecutor didn't hurt.

Just speculation, but that's what this thread is all about :)

#34 ·
I am just pissed off that Olympic Arms sent a Document explaining that THAT SPECIFIC AR-15 was MADE and SOLD with M-16 Parts, ALL of this with the BLESSING of the ATF, and that there was a recall on this Rifle due to FAULTY parts, If the Jury would have seen this Document he would have been found innocent, at least if I was on the Jury.
But this Olympic Arms document was NOT allowed as evidence because the DA got the judge to claim it a Tax document and that the TAX info on the Paper should be confidential :wow:
A Mans freedom was STOLEN from him over a stupid Tax Document? just what Tax info was on that paper that could have been devastating to what, National Security ? pffft, our system is BROKE and it needs fixed.
And our Govt. wonders why people hate them and why people prepare for when the SHTF ?

#36 ·
I read the entire transcripts and when I got to the Document from Oly Arms being disallowed I was pissed, this document said that Oly Arms SOLD
AR-15's with M-16 BCG's in those day BEFORE the AWB WITH the ATF's blessing and the document also said that Oly Arms KNEW of the faulty Parts and that there was a recall on these guns/parts.
The Prosecutors BIG "Death Blow" for evidence was that Olofsons AR had
M-16 Parts in the Receiver and therefore made it an M-16.
The DA talked the Judge into DIS-allowing this favorable document
(to Olofson) because it had Tax info on it !!!
It didn't say WHO's Tax info was on the document, but this Judge should have allowed it because those Jurors convicted Olofson on the M-16 parts turning the Rifle into an illegal M-16.
This document would have at least changed 1 jurors mind, or maybe even ALL of the Jurors minds.
That Dis-Allowed document was a crucial if not THE most important part of this trial.
The Judge needs to be fired and the DA needs to be Jailed, I can't believe the Lawyers for Olofson didn't fight harder for this document to be heard by the jury.
Maybe we need to look for an Attorney with Firearms experience if we ever get into a jam like Olofson is in.
It is going to get worse, much worse before it gets better, our kids and grandkids will have to go through this Bullshit also, but on a much grander scale :angry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.