Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATF going after AR -15 rifle owner

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Nalioth: I suggest that you get all of your facts from someone other than the government or the main media. The newest facts to come out of the trail do not in fact bear out your contention. I would suggest that you read information provided by either glen beck or lou dobbs , both of whom have studied the whole transcripts. And if those fail you, then perhaps the pages of the NRA or the GOA might suffice to show you what is really going on. It is also of interest that he was given an honorable discharge from the army , whom the prosecution has contended he was given a letter of reprimand for gun charges; something that the army disputes. Of course the government can call a you a terrorist because you like guns and that by its very nature makes you a law breaker.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

nalioth, where did you find this info?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I read this last month when this news was fresh.

Guess I'll stop believing anything I read.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    I suggest y'all look at all the info on this case.

The guy wrote books on how to make your AR 'go fast'.

The guy had been caught before with unregistered 'go fast' ARs.

You tease the alligator, one day you'll lose a hand (or worse).
    There is probably some misinformation out on this case.
    The NRA has decided to join the appeals process.
    This tells me he has a case.
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Where is the outrage?

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
    Plaintiff,
    v. Case No. 06-CR-320
    DAVID R. OLOFSON,
    Defendant.
    I respectfully request that you look into this particular case as an excess of regulatory powers of the BATFE
    Sincerely
    Gunnysmith
    I have emailed both Senators and my Representative.
    Please feel free to copy and send to your reps
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

It's to bad that 80 million gun owers can't get togather and flex thier views on such great injustic as this one. I know that the BATF is realy a bunch of whickos that loves to make a good PR story, no mather what or who it concerson.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I *STILL* don't know the real story - too much hearsay about "teenager doing this" or "gun running fine for hundreds of rounds then BAM" so I don't know what to think. If a jury was able to convict him, then it sure is a bad defense if he is actually "in the clear"... if not then I dunno. I just don't know about this one so I can't call it. We need a "just the facts" overview, with sources.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    I *STILL* don't know the real story - too much hearsay about "teenager doing this" or "gun running fine for hundreds of rounds then BAM" so I don't know what to think. If a jury was able to convict him, then it sure is a bad defense if he is actually "in the clear"... if not then I dunno. I just don't know about this one so I can't call it. We need a "just the facts" overview, with sources.
    Since the NRA is joining the case, I would guess that there is some merrit to the claims by the defendent.
    Show your outrage by telling your reps in congress to look into the excesses.
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nalioth View Post
    The guy wrote books on how to make your AR 'go fast'.

The guy had been caught before with unregistered 'go fast' ARs.
    He owned a manual on AR-15s. The gov't said it was a "conversion manual". Even if that's true, owning a book is legal (1st Amendment).

He was charged with being an unlicensed manufacturer because he helped people assemble legal semiauto rifles on receivers they legally purchased from ffls, with parts they legally purchased from him.
    Those charges were dismissed, sice none of that activity is unlawful.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How many of you remember the Centenial park bombing at the Atlanta Olympics and the security guard named Richard Jewell? The FBI said he had books on bomb making and fit the profile of a bomber. The news media circus that followed him around for 4 months ruined his life. I remember seeing an interview with him years after he was cleared. He still couldn't get a job even though he had a letter from the FBI clearing him of any wrong doing. He was bankrupt on account of the legal fees and no income. The "BOOK" he had was on recognizing bombs and what steps should be taken to clear the area. If anything he should be given an award for being alert enough in the first place to notice that the duffle bag looked suspicious and getting the process started on evacuating people from the area. But what did he get instead? The shaft. Olofson is in the same situation in my opinion. Even if he is eventually cleared is he going to get his good name back? Isn't every potential employer going to think of this incident as a black mark on his background? Who is going go reimburse Olofson for his legal fees and loss of income from this incident? No one, if he is cleared he still gets the shaft

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.