Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ATF going after AR -15 rifle owner

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Has anyone seen documented evidence that the rifle was worn and not modified? I read that this guy had been writing books and posting directions on how to make AR's "Go Fast" If he actually had modified the rifle, then maybe there is some validity to the Judges ruling. Not taking sides here but you can't call it a peach if you don't know its a peach.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

We don't and WON'T know the guy's culpability.

A shame on the justice system, regardless, IMHO.

Feedback Score

I don't think ATF would go after someone possessing a broken weapon unless they could prove that after the weapon broke Olofson kept it in a broken (full auto) state.
    If Olofson knew that the rifle was broken and because of this was shooting full auto or in bursts then by law he was in possession of a machine gun and he should have immediately have it repaired.

Feedback Score

I am just pissed off that Olympic Arms sent a Document explaining that THAT SPECIFIC AR-15 was MADE and SOLD with M-16 Parts, ALL of this with the BLESSING of the ATF, and that there was a recall on this Rifle due to FAULTY parts, If the Jury would have seen this Document he would have been found innocent, at least if I was on the Jury.
    But this Olympic Arms document was NOT allowed as evidence because the DA got the judge to claim it a Tax document and that the TAX info on the Paper should be confidential
    A Mans freedom was STOLEN from him over a stupid Tax Document? just what Tax info was on that paper that could have been devastating to what, National Security ? pffft, our system is BROKE and it needs fixed.
    And our Govt. wonders why people hate them and why people prepare for when the SHTF ?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kkcalvin View Post
    I don't think ATF would go after someone possessing a broken weapon unless they could prove that after the weapon broke Olofson kept it in a broken (full auto) state.
    If Olofson knew that the rifle was broken and because of this was shooting full auto or in bursts then by law he was in possession of a machine gun and he should have immediately have it repaired.
    Agreed, but where did the Feds state that he knew?

Alternative, tin-foil kind of speculation:

Olofson received a reprimand while in the service. The details are sketchy, buried in Army documents that we'll likely never see, but in spite of that reprimand Olofson was allowed enlistment into the National Guard. Someone in the chain of command found out about this error (allowing Olofson back into the services) and decided that he needed to be "reminded" of how he pissed off some career officer.

A couple of strings pulled, a marker or two called in, and Olofson found himself the subject of attention by the BATF. A career-hungry prosecutor didn't hurt.

Just speculation, but that's what this thread is all about

Feedback Score

I read the entire transcripts and when I got to the Document from Oly Arms being disallowed I was pissed, this document said that Oly Arms SOLD
    AR-15's with M-16 BCG's in those day BEFORE the AWB WITH the ATF's blessing and the document also said that Oly Arms KNEW of the faulty Parts and that there was a recall on these guns/parts.
    The Prosecutors BIG "Death Blow" for evidence was that Olofsons AR had
    M-16 Parts in the Receiver and therefore made it an M-16.
    The DA talked the Judge into DIS-allowing this favorable document
    (to Olofson) because it had Tax info on it !!!
    It didn't say WHO's Tax info was on the document, but this Judge should have allowed it because those Jurors convicted Olofson on the M-16 parts turning the Rifle into an illegal M-16.
    This document would have at least changed 1 jurors mind, or maybe even ALL of the Jurors minds.
    That Dis-Allowed document was a crucial if not THE most important part of this trial.
    The Judge needs to be fired and the DA needs to be Jailed, I can't believe the Lawyers for Olofson didn't fight harder for this document to be heard by the jury.
    Maybe we need to look for an Attorney with Firearms experience if we ever get into a jam like Olofson is in.
    It is going to get worse, much worse before it gets better, our kids and grandkids will have to go through this Bullshit also, but on a much grander scale

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by campperykid View Post
    There is a really good 6-7 page thread concerning this case over on m4carbine.net. Just run a search for 'felony conviction'.

The thread includes hot links to the trial transcripts and other court records.
    Love it or hate it , your choice , but it is a reasoned discussion by some very knowledgable people.
    Check out the trial transcripts, that would cut out most of the guess-work.
    Not all but most.

The transcripts , including the instructions to the jury , don't seem to offer up much hope for a successful appeal. The full auto parts & the 180 degree selector are the killer. The defense case was remarkably weak . Lack of an auto sear & some malf's don't seem to have been enough.
    Funny thing , Olofson did not testify .
    If he was framed : whoever did it knew how to make it stick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.