Thread: Smith Wesson MP15T

Feedback Score

Default Smith Wesson MP15T

I own a Smith ar15, I had a guy at work tell me that Smith and Wesson does not actually make those at their plant but I think he said STAG ARMS does and smith just puts their name on it. Does anyone know if this is true? I wouldnt think so but the guy is very smart when it comes to firearms. I hope this is not true.

Feedback Score

I've heard a few different manufacturers mentioned. Don't know how true any of it is. I have two of them, I like them, I don't really worry about it.
    "You can't cover up crazy with a new pair of jeans"

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Now all S&Ws are built in house

Smith&Wesson now builds all their ARs in house they now own Thompson Center and use their bbls. At first S&W used Stag as a supplier but that ended long ago.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by riverider View Post
    Smith&Wesson now builds all their ARs in house they now own Thompson Center and use their bbls. At first S&W used Stag as a supplier but that ended long ago.
    +1
    If you've heard about the problems with early M&P15s not accepting PMAGs because of a magwell problem, that was the Stag lowers. The magwell wasnt beveled enough and a PMAG wouldnt seat because of it.
    Smith makes them all in house now...no worries. I had a recent M&P 15X and it performed flawlessly and PMAGs seated and released perfectly. They are very nice weapons for someone who doesnt build.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.