Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first AR kit done

Feedback Score

Default My first AR kit done

Hi all I just did my first AR-15 build and this is my first AR. I have an AK-47 its a WASR-10 Hi Cap that I really enjoy shooting and wanted to try building something. I thought first an AK but the tools were to high for me right now. I bought a lower receiver for 77 bucks plus shipping and FFL charge came to 116.00 out the door. I saved and sold things to get mags and a full upper kit. I went with a full upper and lower kit from akpartskits.com and I have to say Im very happy with it. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I need to get the stock tightened and also want to have the barrel checked out to make sure its in 5.56 and also my work checked out to make sure its done right. I think my tottal cost in the build is 615.00 for an M4 clone. I now hope to maybe try an AK build or an FAL build someday.

Tell me what you guys think good or bad. Thanks all

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What kind of back sight is that? Looks good great job. Now it is time to build an AK before it is too late!!!! If you take your hand gaurds off the barrel is probably marked on the underside as to what caliber it is and should have twist rate also. Sometimes you can shine a small light through the vent holes and see the markings. Again good job I always love to see a picture of a newborn AR.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

now ya need a red-dot site..lol or maybe a bipod and a laser...lol Looks Good I bet you'll get sub 1-inch groups at 100-yards now get out thier and shoot it!!
    And yeah if your going to build an Ak better get to the kits are high and disappearing fast. AND research on this site doesn't take much to build and Ak tool wise and if you go with a fully made reciever you'll just need rivit squeezer BFH and normal tools this site has all the info....good luck
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Hey thanks guys on the comments and info on the AK builds.

The rear site is an A2 peep site that I got from Centerfire Systems, Inc. I had a few mags on order to that where on sale for 7.99 they were out and on back order but I have to say i was only charged for the the site.

I will try shinning a light in to see if I can tell what is marked on the barrel. I just want to make sure I have everything done right and in order before I fire to.

The red dot I will have to wait on but would love to have one unless you have one to give away hmmmmmm sounds good I will take it lol.

Feedback Score

Nope don't have any extra red-dots..But I use a burris SPEEDDOT 135 RED DOT SIGHT
    works great should have had one 24 years ago...can't miss once it's zeroed was cheaper than the aimpoint to(used the aimpoint mount tho) good shooting to ya
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Looks nice, I put together a CAR15 and it help understand the rifle better, it was fun.
    Last edited by Coils; 07-17-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

whats up with the left eye in the scope ? thats funky

Feedback Score

I'll bet there's a rifle in there someplace!
    "You can't cover up crazy with a new pair of jeans"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

make sure you clean the barrel out with a brush and some swabs several times before you fire it.

Feedback Score

Hey j427x I will do that. Im going to get a cleaning kit for it soon and break it down and clean it. I cant wait to have the chance to shoot it but looks like its going to be awhile yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.