Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR15 Parts Kit (I all parts)

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    yes--on a DVD i would want every assembly of the ar-15 and all it's sub assembly's broke down and re-assembled. even the barrel-extension and head-space.

this is way more than most people would need.

however- you might run into the guy that wants to make his own wildcat round AR and that type of info would critical then. so you need to think in the terms "build" rather than assemble. tons of stuff on assemble--little out there on "build".
    I have always believed that the more information I have the better I understand. However, the barrel extension/headspacing is beyond what most people do/understand. Most, if not all barrels purchased have already been headspaced when the the barrel extension is installed.

I will not get into actual gunsmithing which would require a lathe/mill or any other special machines to accomplish the task.

As stated above, when I finally do get around to making the CD (after I find the kit that I want), it will have everything needed to build/teardown the
    AR15. Which would be like barrel installation/removal, rear sight installation/removal/ and so forth.

While having a pre-built upper helps in getting the rifle ready to shoot, it does nothing for learning how to assemble/disassemble that same upper. And that rear A2 sight can be a real bear, even with the special tools to do it.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Sarco was selling complete parts kits in bags that were a mix of new and surplus parts. You needed to asseble the barrel onto the upper and press on the front sight ect.
    Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
    Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
    http://www.rcmgunparts.com/

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I have contacted a few, heck quite a few AR15 vendor's and all sell the upper receiver completely assembled. I did do a price check on just buying the indiviual parts but it ends up costing quite a bit more to do it that way.

I guess that I will have to just buy a kit that way and dis-assemble the whole thing.

I hate doing the job twice, but it will be nothing compared to building the AK.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

JSE surplus JSE Surplussells the complete kit or just the upper un-assembled--

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I didn't call those folks, I guess that I will have to do so. Thanks...

Feedback Score

Default I need the C/D now

I know Sarco could if you asked but it would be a real Mongrel, I just ordered a M4 barrel and it came with out the barrel extension - (Breach Collar) so I ordered one and it was a cut barrel chunk with the barrel extension on it. It cost 17.95 and how am I suppost to get it off, it looks rusted on!!! Ive built several AR's for family but I've never messed with a barrel extension befor I guess I'll have to get the new C/D Good luck with your project

Feedback Score

Yes on how to assemble AR-15, I've done several but I seem to run into another type of problem each one. Most built from individual parts. Last one and still pending has same problem as Frogmans. Getting right Barrel Exstention for correct alignment of barrel to the upper. It should be mentioned that they do come in different index pin clock alignments So yes this is good idea. So us back street builders have some idea to what is right.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I have just one question, "Why on earth would anyone remove the barrel extension from a headspaced barrel?"

Even if the barrel is shot out and your saving parts, using a previously installed extension on another barrel requires tools that the average person won't have.

The barrel extension is the "first" item installed on a barrel (it sets up headspace). Then the indexing pin hole is drilled, then the gas hole, then the front sight is installed to align with the gas hole.

The American Rifleman did an article about making a barrel for the AR15. It's not something that you do at home with a hammer and a drill press.

This kind of work will "NOT" be on the CD as without the correct tools, which few people have, could be dangerous.

If you have such a barrel, it would be best to have someone who knows what their doing to perfrom this task.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MidwayUSA has an upper and parts kit:

MidwayUSA - DPMS Upper Receiver (Unassembled) AR-15 A2 Matte

They also have the parts kit without the upper.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score

on ar15.com they have a group buy right now for a stag arms complete m4 kit less lower reciever for 599.00 includes rear flip up buis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.