Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Pistol's legal???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    Was the lower sold as a pistol? That is, did you or has anyone ever done a 4473 where that lower was declared to be a longarm?

If so, once a longarm always a longarm.

If the lower is virgin or was transferred as a pistol, you're good to go.

If you don't know the history, for safety's sake it's a longarm.
    The law actually says "virgin receiver".

If the time comes for a reckoning, all the revenuers have to do is ask the vendor what he sold, and that would be a 'stripped receiver'.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by JimM44 View Post
    While I like the looks of an AR pistol and have AK pistols, I will NEVER own an AR pistol.

ATF being the reason, they basically can say if you have a pistol and an AR rifle in the same house it's intent as they can be swapped out giving you an illegal SBR.
    This is the reason I am building a 20hbar bushy upper on my receiver that was registered as a pistol. Sure it sounds kind of cowardly but I was too stupid at the time to get anything on paper to verify the lower is and always was a pistol.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GU-47 View Post
    This is the reason I am building a 20hbar bushy upper on my receiver that was registered as a pistol. Sure it sounds kind of cowardly but I was too stupid at the time to get anything on paper to verify the lower is and always was a pistol.
    If for some reason the alphabet gang has questions, they'll call the manufacturer and ask them about serial number 1234ABCD.

Manufacturer tells them they sent the brand new stripped receiver in question to Bob's Gun and Pawn.

Ol' Bob'll get a call later and be asked the same question. He'll say he sold a brand new stripped receiver to you.

There is no option on the 4473 for "virgin receiver".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hell if your worried about the intent factor, just buy 2 pistol recievers build one into a pistol and one into a long rifle, then you can swap all day long, and silently in your head tell the alphabet gang to go fukem selves if they check it out because their going to be wasting their time and you can just chuckle cause you know your in the right.
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Edit: The AK pistols cannot be swapped out like an AR, it requires drilling out rivets and changing the stock trunion in the receiver to make it into a rifle.
    AHH I can swap the 8 screws on my ak pistol (SCREW BUILD) in about 10 minutes.
    I also have a 16" barrel hunting pistol, both with compliance parts. that can have the rear trunion swaped in about 3 minutes in fact the trunion uses through bolts instead of a taped trunion. any AK reciver I buy (seldom) gets registerd as a pistol first. can always make it a rifle later.

with the sky high prices of kits these days I do a lot more swaping things around lately.

I wish I had registerd my 2 AR recivers as pistol when I bought them.

they are still striped virgin DPMS recivers. registerd in my name can they be registerd as pistol still. I thought they were registerd as a firearm not a striped reciver??????

not a big AR Pistol fan dont like the tube sticking out the back. BTW

Feedback Score

Doesn't someone sell a recoil tube that is alot shorter than the normal pistol lengths?

Feedback Score

Go to:
    http://www.spikestactical.com

They sell pistol receivers with the word "PISTOL" engraved on them, also it is registered on the 4473 as same. Good luck

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The AR lower in question was logged as a long gun so i had to buy a new Pistol lower this one says PISTOL right under the S/N so there should be no problem now i wish i had just bought the pistol lower but with those two gun grabbers running for office maybe it was a good thing that i will have a few more AR's around

I have great respect for the AK. you have to when assholes shoot at you with them But I Love the AR more. Thankfully nether get mad if the other one gets more range time

Feedback Score

i know if the dealer papers it has handgun , your okay. just don't buy lower w/ stock on it and try to have dealer paper it as pistol. factory records will show - rifle. the uppers with short barrels is good question if you have several ar rifles in house. i suggest buying reciever first and have papered as handgun. i wouldn't want to have short barrel uppers and no handgun receiver. the word intent would be used alot by atf. write atf and they will answer your questions. i argee that they should be cased with pistol . i suggest taking pictures of them with date on photo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

This subject is null and void at this time.

The new 4473s have a check box for "receiver" now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.