Thread: Getting All The Parts Together

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Default Getting All The Parts Together

I have started to acquire all the required parts for "assembling" another AR15 (M4 Type). I picked a few Double Star lower receivers (you can't tell what the future holds), which I got a very, very good deal on.

My Del-Ton kit should be here today or tomorrow and it should only take about 45 minutes to put the thing together. Total cost is about $575.00 which isn't bad for an M4 clone (sans the chrome barrel).

And yes, I didn't get a "Chrome Line Barrel/Chamber" Yeah, the normal chrome-moly barrel is good enough for this "assembly" as I don't anticipate having to shoot FA or wack hordes of zombies.

After "assembly" and testing it out, I'll tear the whole thing down to just "parts". And that's including the sights, barrel, everything. This will allow me to take pictures of every task for a complete assembly in order to make another tutorial CD.
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I'm with you TK.
    I just don't buy into the whole chrome lined thing for what we use these for.
    FA, yes. Crawling through swamps, jungles and rice paddies, yes. A day at the range firing SA and a decent cleaning afterwords, it's just not necessary in my book.

I look forward to your new tutorial.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

TK, You'll like the DS receivers. I have two that I've built (assembled), an AR Varmint rifle and an M-4gery. I even have a DS A2 upper that has always functioned flawlessly. For the price, I don't think they can be beat them,

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

DS looks pretty good and to have a rifle that only cost $575.00 with 30-45 minutes work is a steal.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Well, the Del-Ton M4 kit arrived and it took more time to clean it than to put the thing together.

Fitting of all parts was very easy, no problem with anything. The only negitive item was the removeable carrying handle rear sight block/housing. Some machine marks on the housing but I have a spare and will replace it when I do my tutorials.

I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow to see how it functions and zero it for 25 yards.

Oh, Del-Ton includes a notice that the use of reloads, Wolf, Norinco or any steel case ammunition voids the warranty, which is 60 days for parts (like I bought).

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.