Thread: ar carry handle sight

Feedback Score

Default ar carry handle sight

i bought a barska red dot sight from cheaper than dirt and mounted it to a wever rail on my carry handle cant seem to get it adjusted it seems to be mounted to high up to come down i have one on my ar pistol and it works grate but that dosent have a carry handle has anyone had this problem or is it just me
    any thought
    thanks levi

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Before the flat top uppers were available you had to use a carry handle mount to attach a scope. I used them for years without any major issues other than the point of impact shifting slightly when you take them off and replace them. There should be enough adjustment in the scope to zero you gun in. Some of the carry handle mounts don't tighten up correctly in the carry handle sight channel and if you grasp the scope you can wiggle them side to side slightly. It sounds like you're saying you've run out of adjustment in the red dot sight and can't get it sighted in?

Feedback Score

correct the adjustment left to right is fine but it seem that the adjustment down has run out

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The difference in the open sights and the carry handle mount is oly about 2". The red dot sight should have a couple feet of adjustment you'd think, so it really shouldn't be an issue. I'd check first to make sure the carry handle mount isn't hitting anything, and if its possible to turn it around so that whats now the back would be at the front. Some you can't because they have a lip that slightly goes over the top edge of the carry handle though. I would also check to make sure the elevation adjustment on the red dot sight is working. With the gun in a solid mount look through the sight while a friend turns the elevation screw and verify that the dot is moving up and down.

Feedback Score

CTD carries a lot of crap. a good detachable carry handle should not wiggle at all when tight. Stick with a carry handle from DPMS or RRA

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.