Gunco Forums banner

Check Out My New Noise Maker!!!!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  FloridaAKM 
#1 ·
Just finished this over the holidays (less the forward assist ass which is back ordered duh..........). Made with old parts and a DSA forged lower blank. The only new parts were the front tube, gas block and rear buffer. Hell, that's all the new parts I could find for sell. The whole world is backordered!
What do ya think????
Bill

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The buffer tube is not considered a stock therefore it's a pistol. Don't think there is a maximum length! I know of guys using the ACE buffer tube (which is about twice as long as this one) with a round rubber crutch tip on it for sholder support and according to them, it's perfectly legal. Anyway, the key is for the receiver to be a virgin pistol receiver and the buffer being just a tube. Not a SBR and no need to register.
Anyone???
Bill

#10 ·
Thanks folks.
Yes, I fired it out behind the shop (rural area). It is not cycling yet due to the spring (wolf 23 pound 1911) but I hope to tune it in soon with a spring kit I have and a trip to the range where I'm not worried about the cops If not, I'll use the ACE buffer I have put back but I hope to get this 4" tube working. Damn loud but I love making noise.
Reminds me of bluing which I do in the front yard. Most of my neighbors are sure I'm making crack. They are retired and it gives them something to talk about. Love it.
I'll keep everyone posted once I get it running like it's suppose to!
Bill

#11 ·
The fact that you made it and its badazz factor makes it many times better that anything you can buy for a reasonable price nowdays. Good luck on tuning the short buffer to get it to work right. Carry on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.