Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: STOLEN FROM UPS COLT SP1 NICKEL CARBINE GRAY LA DEC 29

  1. #21
    Gunco loyalist 1phast340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    460
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

    Default

    havent you heard, the drug cartels get ALL their weapons from the U.S.! no need for them to get cheap,plentiful, full-auto's from South America with their drug shipments, when they can get our WASR's. LOL

  2. #22
    AKAHOLIC o.d. ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South West Missouri
    Posts
    1,574
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    Of course, who would want Russian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Chinese surplus junk when you could have genuine Century Arms basement gunsmith quality semi-auto ??

    Its the latest trend with drug cartels. Don't you read Drug Smuggler Monthly ?

  3. #23
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,269
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Talking DRUG SMUGGLER MONTHLY

    Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    Of course, who would want Russian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Chinese surplus junk when you could have genuine Century Arms basement gunsmith quality semi-auto ??

    Its the latest trend with drug cartels. Don't you read Drug Smuggler Monthly ?
    That is friggen sick I love it. You know were laughing, but some dude or dudet is going to come out with a magazine on just that. Then make millions.
    The Guberment still has the borders wide open, idiots are still going to do illegal drugs, man now you have me thinking on that one.
    Best smuggling routes, watering stations, my life as a smuggler. $$$$

    Back to the post. It would be good to get a follow up on this weapon.
    Remember Chavez, or whatever that U.S.A. hating dude's name is, was going to build an AK factory down in South America. Wonder if he ever started production? Or I bet importation.
    He promised AKs to anyone who hates America. Looks like the liberal press here forgot his message.
    Would be good to get a follow up on this matter. That is some serious stuff when a weapon gets missing in shipment.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  4. #24
    Question Everything... CeeKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Location, Location
    Posts
    592
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Remember Chavez, or whatever that U.S.A. hating dude's name is, was going to build an AK factory down in South America. Wonder if he ever started production? Or I bet importation.
    He promised AKs to anyone who hates America. Looks like the liberal press here forgot his message.
    Commies protecting commies.


    - CK
    Ask questions first; Distance? Windage? Elevation?
    ------------
    ""...when you capture spoils from the enemy, they must be used as rewards, so that all your men may have a keen desire to fight, each on his own account""

    - Sun Tzu
    ------------
    "A petty thief is put in jail. A great brigand becomes a ruler of a State."
    - Zhuang Zi

  5. #25
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,329
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    you would think that UPS would have either found the rifle or the thief by now.
    Last edited by j427x; 03-25-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #26
    Gunco Member mija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    249
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I retired from UPS after many years. While theft occurs, it is not common. An item of that size would be virtually impossible to remove from the facility. I would bet that the delivery driver is 99% involved. It didn't disappear from his truck, the driver would have to have left it unlocked and perp would have to go through a thousand packages to find it. There isn't time to do that without being caught. Raise hell with UPS, show them a letter concerning the theft that you are going to make public. They hate negative press.

    Mija

  7. #27
    Gunco Member KDChastain1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    A Cave above Blue River IN
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Hello [486] I was being sarcastic with the (Mexican drug lord might have it)
    dead serious about him never seeing it again though - see the date - longer than
    90 days - most stolen firearms not recovered in 90 days are never seen again

  8. #28
    Gunco Veteran [486]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MSP area, MN
    Posts
    1,631
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDChastain1 View Post
    Hello [486] I was being sarcastic with the (Mexican drug lord might have it)
    Oh, I thought maybe you took the "news" seriously.

  9. #29
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,269
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by mija View Post
    I retired from UPS after many years. While theft occurs, it is not common. An item of that size would be virtually impossible to remove from the facility. I would bet that the delivery driver is 99% involved. It didn't disappear from his truck, the driver would have to have left it unlocked and perp would have to go through a thousand packages to find it. There isn't time to do that without being caught. Raise hell with UPS, show them a letter concerning the theft that you are going to make public. They hate negative press.

    Mija
    Good point. The delivery driver would have to be involved.
    Our V.A. meds got sub contracted out to a wholesaler out of the Carolina's.
    We would send our script in and the whare house would ship.
    The meds, or a lot of them, were not making it past the Jacksonville P.O..
    Vets were beating on the V.A.s pharmacy windows saying they never got there meds. The V.A. did not believe us till there was almost a riot.
    They must have finally listened and set up a sting, we never heard, but no more theft so far.
    I watched a show, 20 20, 60 minutes one or the other. They said theft at the Chicago P.O. was so bad, they recommended you hand carry and deliver your packages rather than take a chance on it going through there facility.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  10. #30
    Gunco Member 1movingforward4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    49
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Are the feds involved yet? I am sure they are; but like stated, this sounds like an inside job. With the tracking and security, I just don't see how it could happen otherwise, those UPS drivers are not out of their vehicle for long at all, they are some hopping delivery guys and gals. Good luck and hope it turns out well for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •