Gunco Forums banner

STOLEN FROM UPS COLT SP1 NICKEL CARBINE GRAY LA DEC 29

6K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
mods,if it is not ok to post this here let me know and i will delete it.i need to find this rifle.
this rare colt sp1 carbine in coltguard nickel went missing from ups on dec 29 in gray la.it was supposed to go to yuma az.this colt had a letter from colt historical society and 2 nickel mags.this is a very unusual colt carbine and it really sticks out.if anyone has any info about it please email or pm me.serial #sp1843xx

See less See more
#7 ·
Damn that sucks.

Hope the FBI and everyone gets involved with that one. Good to take out insurance when shipping expensive items. Sad we can't trust the S.O.B. shipping people anymore.
Our V.A. meds were getting stolen from the Jacksonville main P.O.... The subcontractor med warehouse in the Carolina's was shipping the meds direct to us Vets and it was not getting to us.
We were all bitching about not getting our meds and the Police set up a sting and nailed the S.O.B.s
Tracking numbers, insurance, signature required, anything to help secure deliveries.
Bet the Feds. get all over that one. Hope they nail the S.O.B.s

#9 ·
Damm it nice gun. I have had good luck with UPS. I hope it was insured. the worst thing is it is probably in a pieces by now. and the reciver has been pitched.

I really hope you get it back. Ill keep my eyes open. a nickel ar should stick out. does the upper have any identifing marks???

#11 ·
That just sucks. You may stand a chance of seeing it again. I'm sure that a missing working firearm gets a lot more attention and investigation from the Feds. UPS knows who is in possession of the package while in route, and who was working at the time of sorting in the relay terminals. I wish you luck in finding your rifle.

#16 ·
I know its been a while, but keep calling and asking the status. Kind of the squeaky wheel gets the oil type thing. My buddy had his left handed benelli shotgun stolen out of his truck several years ago. It was about 4 months before the investigator called him back and actually started doing anything. I had told him at the time to call often to check on the status and he didn't. needless to say it hasn't been found yet. I also hope it turns up.

#17 ·
I hope you get that back.... I will look around in Maryland for you!

#23 ·
DRUG SMUGGLER MONTHLY

That is friggen sick I love it. :lol: You know were laughing, but some dude or dudet is going to come out with a magazine on just that. Then make millions.
The Guberment still has the borders wide open, idiots are still going to do illegal drugs, man now you have me thinking on that one. :)
Best smuggling routes, watering stations, my life as a smuggler. $$$$

Back to the post. It would be good to get a follow up on this weapon.
Remember Chavez, or whatever that U.S.A. hating dude's name is, was going to build an AK factory down in South America. Wonder if he ever started production? Or I bet importation.
He promised AKs to anyone who hates America. Looks like the liberal press here forgot his message.
Would be good to get a follow up on this matter. That is some serious stuff when a weapon gets missing in shipment.

#26 ·
I retired from UPS after many years. While theft occurs, it is not common. An item of that size would be virtually impossible to remove from the facility. I would bet that the delivery driver is 99% involved. It didn't disappear from his truck, the driver would have to have left it unlocked and perp would have to go through a thousand packages to find it. There isn't time to do that without being caught. Raise hell with UPS, show them a letter concerning the theft that you are going to make public. They hate negative press.

Mija

#29 ·
Good point. The delivery driver would have to be involved.
Our V.A. meds got sub contracted out to a wholesaler out of the Carolina's.
We would send our script in and the whare house would ship.
The meds, or a lot of them, were not making it past the Jacksonville P.O..
Vets were beating on the V.A.s pharmacy windows saying they never got there meds. The V.A. did not believe us till there was almost a riot.
They must have finally listened and set up a sting, we never heard, but no more theft so far.
I watched a show, 20 20, 60 minutes one or the other. They said theft at the Chicago P.O. was so bad, they recommended you hand carry and deliver your packages rather than take a chance on it going through there facility.

#30 ·
Are the feds involved yet? I am sure they are; but like stated, this sounds like an inside job. With the tracking and security, I just don't see how it could happen otherwise, those UPS drivers are not out of their vehicle for long at all, they are some hopping delivery guys and gals. Good luck and hope it turns out well for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.