Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Carbine Bayonet?

Feedback Score

Post AR-15 Carbine Bayonet?

Has anyone heard of a bayonet that will fit an AR-15 Carbine (16" barrel)? I know that the standard AR/M-16 bayonet does not fit due to the longer exposed barrel length. Just wondering if someone has solved this dilemma...I'm sure most AR carbine owners wonder what use that bayonet lug is (other than looking evil). Am I missing something?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's a pic of my Colt A2 with a 16" barrel and bayonet.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Get a midlength, problem solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Luscious Clay View Post
    Here's a pic of my Colt A2 with a 16" barrel and bayonet.
    Hmmm. Nice picture. Your barrel looks shorter than mine...are you sure that it's not a 14"? It sure looks like a 14" barrel with a bigger flash suppressor. My lug is further back. The bayonet stabalizer ring hits about 2" behind the threads for the flash suppressor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Its probably a 16" with a flash hider that makes it look like the 11.5" xm177 barrels. The barrel actually goes into the flash hider about 4 inches before it hits the flash hider threads. alot of the recessed ones like that are stepped at the back where as the normal ones have a couple lighting grooves just a head of the threads at the back of the flash hider.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Get a midlength, problem solved.
    Thanks for the pic Moleman. I was hoping not to have to reconfigure my upper just to accomodate a bayonet...I am starting to get the picture that there ISN'T a bayo that fits this configuration. If I have to buy something to fit my $25 bayonet, I'll guess I'll just have to buy another AR with a 20" barrel! Do you think my wife will buy this excuse?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

About the only way is to get the same flash hider as Clay. reguardless about 1/2 of the blade will be blocked by the barrel. You could get one of the bolt on bayonet lugs like they sell for the mini14 to bring it out far enough, but that would look bad. Another barrel is always a good thing for ar15s.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Its probably a 16" with a flash hider that makes it look like the 11.5" xm177 barrels. The barrel actually goes into the flash hider about 4 inches before it hits the flash hider threads. alot of the recessed ones like that are stepped at the back where as the normal ones have a couple lighting grooves just a head of the threads at the back of the flash hider.
    Now that might work. Does anyone know where can I get one of these?

Feedback Score

About the only way is to get the same flash hider as Clay. reguardless about 1/2 of the blade will be blocked by the barrel.
    You're right...I did not notice this. I will not get full penetration of the blade when confronted by the enemy in my next nasty trench warfare encounter. Definitely not as deadly. I'd still consider it regardless of this drawback...but I may still NEED another AR, right?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Pretty sure this is it. It only makes the gun about 1" longer. MidwayUSA - DPMS Flash Hider Slipover 5-1/2" Length 1/2"-28 Thread Pre-Ban AR-15 Matte

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.