Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Model 1 Sales

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Ya, especially if you don't bill until you ship. If you have it all in stock and the shipping is holding you up, get more people to ship... It's not all that hard. Once you have a 6 month backup, you know you can afford to start hiring some additional bodies.

Ugg. I probably will call and cancel if they decide not to ship this time around. This is ridiculous. Dec 4 - Feb 16th, if I don't see it by March 4th, I'll cancel.

Mark

Feedback Score

That Is why I bought a Kel tech instead of building an Ar 15

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Kicking myself for not ordering the 7 kits I want back in July.....

EVERYONE is back-ordered a minimum of 12 weeks, and most are now quoting 20-24 weeks if you call them on the phone.

You will just have to wait. At least Model-1 won't charge your card until they are ready to ship. Blackthorn charged me the day of the order (Nov. 10) and I still do not have my kit. BASTARDS!!!!!!

Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post

Ugg. I probably will call and cancel if they decide not to ship this time around. This is ridiculous. Dec 4 - Feb 16th, if I don't see it by March 4th, I'll cancel.

That may make you feel better, but it's not going to get you your parts any faster. You'll just be getting on the tail end of someone else's waiting list.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i talked to model1 sales last week about my order and they told me they are just now working on OCTOBER's sales and that they will for sure be another 6 weeks till they get to my order which was placed on december 19th....

this should give you an idea of where your at.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Please cancel. It will bump the orders of more understanding people up. They got several month's worth of orders in a few weeks time. Some other folks are demanding 50-100% payment up front with indeterminate wait or have doubled their prices. The reason that they are not hiring more people is that they have very little product to ship so they aren't going to make any money off the new employees. Their suppliers are backlogged 3-6 months or more. No one is going to add capacity because if the Dems push through another AWB then the investment just turned into a big fat loss, or nothing happens and demand drops to almost zero as a lot of current demand would have been future demand. Some of us had the forethought to stock up long before election.

-Yarro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yarro View Post
    Please cancel. It will bump the orders of more understanding people up.
    I am very understanding, I don't like being deceived. When there was no notice on the website regarding a delay (and there still isn't) and they claim to have the product in stock and I enter my credit card to pay. I had a reason to be a little irritated. That said, my order came in last week, 84 days after I submitted it.

They got several month's worth of orders in a few weeks time. Some other folks are demanding 50-100% payment up front with indeterminate wait or have doubled their prices. The reason that they are not hiring more people is that they have very little product to ship so they aren't going to make any money off the new employees.
    I wasn't asking them to do that. I was asking them to communicate with their customers. It's not that hard to do. Send a mass email, they had my email address, they have a computer... pretty simple thing to address.

Their suppliers are backlogged 3-6 months or more.
    They said it was in stock... just a shipping backlog.

Some of us had the forethought to stock up long before election.
    And others of us, due to our military duty locations had to wait before we could attend to this. I think I was rather reasonable. I just wanted an honest assessment of the situation from the company. In the end, I received what I ordered, and I was happy with the quality. I still am disappointed with their inability to address something as simple as alerting their customers to a delay.

Mark

Feedback Score

I ordered in Dec and received my parts last week. I did not order my barrel in the same shipment, because they told me it would probably delay it another 4 weeks. They didn't charge until they shipped, so I don't feel that they are that bad. EVERYONE is hurting with the rush of orders. I have managed to get most items for 8 builds within a few days by calling around and didn't have to pay scalpers prices. Just got a complete EA lower kit and receiver within 2 weeks. With the increase in demand, you just
    have to spend more time shopping.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well this sounds good if Thain got his december order last week... they may be getting to me pretty soon. lol
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I just ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, so I know I wont see it for a while. I really don't care, I really don't even need another AR but I've had an extra stripped lower hanging around for a couple of years trying to decide what to do with it. (I already have a 16" carbine and a 24" varminter) but I figured I better do something with it while I still can. I decided to do an M-4 clone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.