Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Disappointed with Model 1 Sales

  1. #21
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,349
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    i had a lower ordered from a company i have been tradeing with for some time. and they have been very reliable. BUT my back ordered lower that was supposed to arrive in feb is now a NO ETA item. when i called them on the phone they said --with any luck MAYBE Christmas 09!!

    i ordered a cav arms polymer lower that was in stock--now the bad thing is all they had was green or tan--no black!!! got a decent price on it by current standards. not great because these things sold for $90 just last year!!! i suppose i could have bought one of the high end lowers like a RRA for $170 or the saber --but the price just chaps my hide! gosh-darn i was buying mega's for $80 not that long ago!! now days any lower is going to run AT LEAST $120+ shipping IF you can find one!!

    but the lower is a small problem. i have a bolt and a barrel that has been back ordered -- i am hoping one MORE month on them--but who knows these days???

  2. #22
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i had a lower ordered from a company i have been tradeing with for some time. and they have been very reliable. BUT my back ordered lower that was supposed to arrive in feb is now a NO ETA item. when i called them on the phone they said --with any luck MAYBE Christmas 09!!

    i ordered a cav arms polymer lower that was in stock--now the bad thing is all they had was green or tan--no black!!! got a decent price on it by current standards. not great because these things sold for $90 just last year!!! i suppose i could have bought one of the high end lowers like a RRA for $170 or the saber --but the price just chaps my hide! gosh-darn i was buying mega's for $80 not that long ago!! now days any lower is going to run AT LEAST $120+ shipping IF you can find one!!

    but the lower is a small problem. i have a bolt and a barrel that has been back ordered -- i am hoping one MORE month on them--but who knows these days???
    I found a place that is milling/shipping them for $135, but they are new and untested. So we will see when I get them if they are any good.

    Mark

  3. #23
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,349
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Post1911

    Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    I found a place that is milling/shipping them for $135, but they are new and untested. So we will see when I get them if they are any good.

    Mark

    the situation we got brewing with the AR-parts is very much like what we had with the surplus AKM's a few years back. heck i bought 5 GP-75 kits from copes for $69 a pop. and they were like new except for the de-mill cuts. now days you don't even want to ask the price!!

    i am a bit leery on some of the "new" AR-15 lower makers that sort of "popped-up from the woodwork" since the great "obama panic of 08-09." they could be great--but they could very well suck. in my experience when things fetch an abnormal high price--at the same time quality control goes out the window. good luck though!!!

    i am going to try the fantastic/plastic lower from cav-arms/saber/armilite.--LOL i would much rather have a LMT/CMT/Bushmaster-ect
    but i hate the idea of waiting a year. i'll machine my own from a forging before i'll pay $177-$200+ smackers for a stripped lower--this is just nutz!!!

    the plastic lower has an advantage in that i has a built in sock so a few $$ are saved. the down side is your stuck with the A1-stock/pg so if you don't like it --tough cookies. there are some advantages if you want a OD or tan rifle. i am not too concerned about how durable the nylon-66 is as i have a m-17s, a glock. an XD, and a nylon-66 22 from the early 70's i have had 0 problems with them. so far.
    Last edited by j427x; 03-06-2009 at 12:26 AM.

  4. #24
    Gunco Rookie glhx2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    I've had everybody delay, or outright dump orders on me. Even Midway is crushed right now, when it comes to Black Rifle parts. Brownells too. I had a barrel on back order at Midway for months, then they finally canceled on me. I'm glad I stocked up on extra bolt carrier groups, and other parts.

  5. #25
    aka: SDK1968 dutigaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,092
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

    Default

    ok heres an update...

    my bolt carrier and stuff showed up today and that was ordered in January... so im now expecting my December order to show up very soon.

    sdk
    say what you mean & mean what you say


  6. #26
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    ok heres an update...

    my bolt carrier and stuff showed up today and that was ordered in January... so im now expecting my December order to show up very soon.

    sdk
    My lowers from Tactical Machining arrived, but I have no way of checking them out until 30 days passes. MD State Law... Pricks! 1 restricted arm every 30 days.

    Mark

  7. #27
    aka: SDK1968 dutigaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,092
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

    Default

    Mark,

    the parts from model1 that i got yesterday were really nice.... thru them in a Blackthorne upper and DPMS lower & cproducts mags, then went out and dumped over a hundred rounds thru with not one issue.

    nice to know that some time you can mix and match and still get a good toy.

    sdk
    say what you mean & mean what you say


  8. #28
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,349
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    i have some shipments coming in this week. i ordered some small parts from M&A and some small parts from DSG to go with the cav-arms lower that i just got from DSG. lucky me i had most of the parts for a LPK out in mu junk box.

    not everything is on back order. it seems just certain things are OOS.

    looks like i have enough stuff to finish the lower anyways.

    ironically it is my upper parts that are now on BO!!

  9. #29
    Gunco Veteran Markp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somalia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    Mark,

    the parts from model1 that i got yesterday were really nice.... thru them in a Blackthorne upper and DPMS lower & cproducts mags, then went out and dumped over a hundred rounds thru with not one issue.

    nice to know that some time you can mix and match and still get a good toy.

    sdk
    I was extremely pleased with what I got as well. I won't be able to play with my model 1 parts until I pick up my lowers. I purchased a 7.5" upper from them, and my pistol lowers have to wait 30 days each.

    Mark

  10. #30
    Gunco Member celticfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    84
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default Sounds like a complete nightmare insofar as getting an ar kit anymore.

    I wonder what the lunatics in Washington D.C. will do next to help us out?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •