Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Model 1 Sales

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Disappointed with Model 1 Sales

They just told me my order would be delayed another 6 weeks on top of the 10 weeks I already waited. I understand that my order means nothing to them, and I am ok with that... as long as they understand that I am going to hold to their shipping dates.

1. They don't indicate a back order status when you order.

2. They are not willing to communicate when the order is not going to be on time... If you say 10 weeks, then dammit, deliver in 10 weeks. If you know you can't make your commitments, tell your customer! Or at least post on your webpage the order number shipping so you know how far back in line you are.

I know times are tough for these guys, but come on.... communicate with your customers.

Mark

Feedback Score

when did you order?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by noobert View Post
    when did you order?
    1st week of December. I ordered a 7.5" pistol upper. This is week 10. I had to contact them to find this out... the response was:

"due to the high volume of orders that we have received in such a short time period, and the amount of time that it is taking us to ship out orders. We will be shipping your order out in 6 weeks. Once we ship out your order we will email you with a tracking number and that is also when we charge your credit card."

That is the same thing they told me in Dec:

"Due to the high volume of orders that we have received in such a short time period, and the amount of time that it is taking us to get everybody's order shipped out. We will be shipping your order within 10 weeks. Once we ship out your order we will email you with the tracking number and that is also when we will charge the card."

The excuse, "Well we found 3,000 lost orders we didn't know about." We do you think that might be something you might consider posting on their web page? Something along the lines of "We are working as quickly as possible. We are currently shipping orders from mid-november and are back logged. Orders are expected to take 16 weeks to ship."

Mark

Feedback Score

they are still working on the nov 13 order, and also, was your credit card charged right after ordering?

Feedback Score

I have had several supply problems the last several months, (since nov 4th). Cant get Wolf 9mm or .223. Cant get used 9mm cases, can't get ranier 9mm, or cast 9mm's.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by noobert View Post
    they are still working on the nov 13 order, and also, was your credit card charged right after ordering?
    No, not charged, but you shouldn't charge someone for product you can't ship anyway! I am disappointed not by the delay but the lack of communication and customer service.

Mark

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

These places are swamped with orders, a lot of them are putting military and LEO before civilian sales (don't know if Model 1 is doing this or not), but it's hard on everyone. Rock River stopped work on new stuff for '09 just to get extra hands to help with orders.
    I'm not saying what Model 1 is doing is right, they should let their customers know what's going on but you got to look at their side a little, Obamma has put gun sales up 300% since the election.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Model 1 is doing the same thing that everyone else is doing! Lotz of business, and not parts! The whole world is backordered!!!!
    About the only thing I like is that they don't charge your credit card unti it ships. Heck, I bid on a barrel on gunbroker, won the auction, paid the dude and was informed it was backordered! Go figure!
    Bill
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Illinois(peoples republic of) near St. Louis
    Feedback Score

I also ordered a 7.5 kit on 01/31..was told 18 weeks!!! Z

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm glad I am not the only one who was hosed by Model 1 Sales. I ordered a lower rec build kit, and the lady said "We have it in stock, ready to go". I paid extra for 2 day air, and after a full week of nothing being delivered, I called back and talked to a different woman. She then told me "Sir, even though we have parts in stock, and you paid for 2 day air, it wont be shipped for at least 10 weeks". I replied that their sales people should not MISLEAD customers. Well, the lady initially got pissy, and stated "Well, I am so sorry that we cannot be perfect!" Long story short, she saw that my kit was shipped that day (no 2 day air, just standard). Now, 2 weeks later, my credit card has been billed again, for a second kit with 2 day air. WTF? I call and calmly discuss the issue, and the woman promises that it will be credited back to my card. Ok, it is going on the second week, and the charges have not been taken off. I will be generous and give these people another week, and then I am going to report fraud. I understand everyone and his brother who sells AR parts is completely overwhelmed, but you know what I do in my business when it gets that way? I HIRE TEMPORARY HELP! /rant off

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.