Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poor Mans Ar 15

Feedback Score

Default Poor Mans Ar 15

I recently put a Kel Tek Su 16a In layaway. Paid 500 for it. It takes Ar magazines. Will get the Kel Tek adapter for the stock and convert it ot an Ar stock.Will also use a Kel Tek compact forearm on the front the stock. Will
    put a busmaster extracter in it and extractor springs. Will use an A2 front sight and ream it out from .625" to .65625" and add an .o40" tall front sight
    sight post. Then I will use a national match rear sight. Will polish the ejector area as required, polish the bottom of the bolt carrier, polish the feed ramps if I can get to them and polish for the fire control group if I can do that, this may prove to be difficult.

Feedback Score

You can junst build a kit AR (if you can find one these days) for just a few dollars more- probably for less than the cost of the Keltec + new stock + new extractor parts + new sights-
    jmho-

The Keltec is a cool little rifle as is- the way it folds up. I wish I had one to keep in the car.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea you can build an AR for about the same--that is IF all your parts come in before X-mass of 09!!

i could likely build an AR pretty quick IF it wasn't for the lack of BCG's and LPK's.

i have considered the SU-16 as well. maybe if they come out with one in 7.62x39/6.8spc or 6.5g.

a friend of mine bought a mini-14 the other day. i asked him " why on earth would you want a mini? his reply was " with the factory stock and a 5rd mag it MIGHT miss the assault weapon roundup."

so it could be a good idea to not have all your eggs in one basket.
    Last edited by j427x; 03-05-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Every once and a while you can find a good deal on a part...I got two Superior Arms receivers a couple days after the election for $96 shipped each. I then bought a stripped upper for 75....two lower kits for $49 each. My most recent find was a chrome bolt and carrier for $70 shipped. So now all I need is a barrel and all the components to complete the one and the other is awaiting a Safety Harbor Ultramag 50 upper which is due in, in a few weeks(only a month or so late). Unfortunately I leave tomorrow for 6 months so it will be awhile before I shoot either.

Feedback Score

Default Poor Mans Ar

The parts to build an Ar are not there. Receiver can be had easily, all aprts suppliers are runing moths behind it has onlt gottne worse, Miday, Bushmaster, DPMS, CMMG are all sold out of parts.

Like the design of this wepaon is a gas piston and composite will have about 7 bills into it. With some TLC this thing should prove to be pretty dependable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've got three kel-tec's, two p-11's and a sub-2000 and have been very satisfied with all of them. They have been totally reliable and are just fun guns. The biggest selling point about kel-tec is their warranty policy. they really stand behind their product. I had the pleasure of talking to their president George Kelgren and he is a smart guy, really nice too. You will definitely like it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    I've got three kel-tec's, two p-11's and a sub-2000 and have been very satisfied with all of them. They have been totally reliable and are just fun guns. The biggest selling point about kel-tec is their warranty policy. they really stand behind their product. I had the pleasure of talking to their president George Kelgren and he is a smart guy, really nice too. You will definitely like it.
    +1 on Kel-Tec's

Feedback Score

Get a del-ton good bang for buck

Feedback Score

Default Poor Man'd Ar 15

Got my poor man's Ar 15 out of layaway, can't wait to break barrel in , it
    looks like it has a chrome lined barrel. New sights an AR stock will be forthcoming.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

i bought my ar15 kit from Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Rifle Kit for $465 +$20 shipping and the stripped lower from gun show ranging 100.00 to 150.00 it takes 30 minutes to assemble the lower. walaa
    i have fired more than 2000 rounds from it not a a single miss or any problem this is the real poor man ar 15 i will be getting one more kit for caliber 6.8 spc ($571.00) from M-16 and AR-15 Rifle kit Parts From Military manufacturers for another receiver i bought before the election.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.