Gunco Forums banner

Painted AR's

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  AKarl_12 
#1 ·
Ok,

Let's get this started here. Lets see your painted AR both solids and camo jobs. Any color. Need some ideas and will have mine to post soon. Waiting to get the front end done. If you got it show it.

Thanks,

PS Can never get enough of the black rifle, you know I think I have the disease, help; what is the cure.

#4 ·
AR's are really fun to build. they may well be fun to paint!

i haven't painted any of mine yet. i am playing around with the idea of doing some "desert storm" paint on my cav arms build as it is all ready coyote tan. or i might just paint the damn thing matching black!!

what kinds of paint will stick to those plastic parts???

#5 ·
Well,
That was the issue when I started my build, I did not want to paint anything that would be in my hand or manipulated alot. I could not find anything that would be able to stand up the use. Besides, with all the aftermarket accessories being made in most of the subdued colors who needs to paint them. My build, will get something on here soon; I painted the upper and lower, and some small parts, the rest I either left black or bought the part in the color I wanted. Like I said, more of a disruptive pattern camo than anything else.

#18 ·
Better than Krylon

For the metal parts on the gun I like using a bake on paint insted of Krylon that comes off with hand sweat or spray barrel cleaners.
I did a Polish Tantal with VTH Engine Enamel's black satin & baked it at 200deg. for 30 min. This coating is so tuff I scrubed it with acetone & it didn't budge. It is chemical resistant & can take up to 550deg. It comes in a lot of colors from flats to glosses & metallic.

The fixed stock is interchangable with the folding stock.
VHT Engine Enamel™

I'm sure it will work for AR's too.
Here is my AR15 it shoots the same cal. as the Tantal above 5.45x39.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.