Thread: Del-Ton ?? M&A Parts ??

"FREEDOM FOREVER !!" james ward's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Talking Del-Ton ?? M&A Parts ??

Can anyone tell me if Del-Ton & M&A Parts complete barreled uppers are any good. How about the bolt, carrier and barrels ??? Thanks !!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

del-ton i believe is some kind of offshoot of dpms or has some kind of relationship with DPMS.

i have bought a lot of DPMS parts over the years. pretty much everything except bolts and bolt carrier groups. so far all the DPMS stuff seems to be pretty good. i get a lot of my DPMS stuff from J&E surplus --but back before del-ton was swamped with orders i got stuff from there too. got a 7.62x39 barrel on backorder form del-ton right now--matter of fact.

the reason i don't use DPMS bolts and BC&G's is that i use LMT bolts and bolt carriers. now DPMS bolt and bcg may serve you well.l i can't say as i haven't run one.

now M&A had a spotty reputation for quality on some of the mall-ninja sites. people complain about their small parts/LPK and their uppers.

recently i ordered a bunch of small parts from M&A to finish out a lower i was building. the quality wasn't bad at all. everything fit and worked out well. the price was good, the parts are comparable to some armalite stuff i had--which is pretty darn good. remember i am talking about the small stuff not barrels and bolts--

i have seen a few of their uppers. they looked and functioned OK from what i could tell.
    the plastic stuff looked a little on the cheap side but i didn't see anything horrible about them at all either. like canted FSB, upside down gas tube- over tight or over loose barrel nutz ect-- like all those internet stories you hear--

i would pick a DPMS over a M&A most likely. however if i found a good deal on a m&a upper i would likely buy it as most of these things are mostly sourced from the same parts. you can about count on 1-9 inch twist, no chrome lining in the barrel, not likely to have m-4 feed ramps, and lastly 4140 steel for the barrel. nothing wrong--just avg ar in the AR world.

i would say it come down to cost. if you had say one you could inspect before hand--that would be nice. in todays out of stock world--you can't afford to pass a decent deal if it is in stock anymore.

from what i can tell M&A and del-ton are deep backordered on most things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thank You Sir, for the info !!!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have used Del-Ton once. I was very satisfied, and will be ordering 5 Mid-length kits from them soon. Fit and finish is good to excellent. Very little in the way of fitting needed to put it all together. In my opinion, as god as Rock River, Bushmaster or DPMS sourced kits.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thank You as well, Sir !!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Del-ton's upper is doing okay by me - except that I had to wait 4 months to get it due to the current backlog. I've also ordered parts from M&A, and they're okay to deal with as well.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks to all !!! I just ordered a Del-Ton 16 in. mid length flattop upper!! looks like i will likley be waiting 4 - 5 mo. for my stuff too !!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.