I've been handed an ar15 upper that was in the process of having its headspace checked. Here are the specifics:
1. Bolt was completely stripped of extractor/ejector.
2. Bolt inserted back in carrier with just the cam pin
3. NO GO gauge inserted in chamber
4. Bolt/carrier pushed forward to see if it would close, and it did
5. Bolt/carrier was pulled back, but now it's stuck. Carrier moves forward/backward maybe 1/8" at most. Bolt head not turning.
6. I looked into the carrier where the firing pin should/would be and can see that the cam pin is turned.
Is the hangup with the bolt head stuck against the gauge in the chamber and just real tight to where the head wont rotate to allow removal?
Is the hangup with the cam pin being rotated and hanging up in the top of the receiver?