Thread: CMMG Lowers Opinions?

Feedback Score

Default CMMG Lowers Opinions?

I see that AIM Surplus has CMMG lowers. Anyone have any good or bad opinion about the lowers? I've built 4 so far on PWA receivers and I need to do two more to pass down to my kids in 10 years. I sold 2 and need to re-stock.

Also, if anyone knows a source for good available lowers, please let me know. I was very impressed with DPMS lowers, looked nice, but wasn't mine. I'm not patient enough to wait months for those.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was not too impressed with the CMMG that I saw at my local gun shop but if the price was a little lower i would get a few

I picked up a few Yankee Hill lowers. I was very happy when I got there uppers to put on them there is all most no movement when you get the take down pins in. I plan to buy as many as I can afford

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

from my own little experiments playing musical chairs with lowers and uppers i found out that the upper plays a big part in the slack or lack of slack.

my double star and DPMS lowers fit the CDD, del-ton, DPMS made uppers very tightly. while my DSA upper is slightly loose in the rear pins on these lowers.

the tighest of all is my cav-arms polymer lower--if you want a sung upper/lower fit it is the #1 pick.

i sort of like CMMG but i don't think it is any better than DPMS/double-star/del-ton or any number of lowers currently out on the market. it is a good lower but nothing special about it .maybe the roll-marks look cooler?

you might look over at JSE surplus they have a number of lowers for around the retail price.
    they have LAR grizzly lowers for $100. DPMS, del-ton , yankee hill and CMT/stag for various prices. and now the mall-ninja special--spikes tactical!!!

last time i looked over at aim they had superior for $89 and aero-precision for $119 and double-star. which should do well for an ar-15 build.

DSG has some cav-arms polymers for $125--this includes the built in A1 stock-set on the polymer.

if i was going to spend $150 on a lower i would get an armalite or a DS arms due to their relationship with LMT. there is very little to reason to spend much more than $150 for a lower. in fact you likely find the cheapest ones like superior and LAR are equally as good in real use.

i got a double-star a few years ago for $99 shipped it seems as good as any i have worked with. a few years before that i was buying MEGA machine lowers for $79! so the cheap lowers of the past are now the expensive mall-ninja picks of today.

just get whatever you like--just be aware that the cost of a lower is a relative thing and the less expensive ones shoot the same as best i can tell. take your time as there is no shortage of good lowers to be bought. it is barrels that are the back order darlings!!!

Feedback Score

Thank you gents for very informative replies! This will help controlling the limited budget. I like the people at AIM Surplus, but will give JSE Surplus a try too. Thanks!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.