Thread: I need feedback!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default I need feedback!

I am building a carbine I just picked up. These days I am working on a budget(thanks to the wife). So within my budget and not going over to chinese crap, I am going to do a free float guard. There are 2 within my price range(2 of which I never used and got mixed reviews) YHM diamond, or Midwest industries T7. I like both because there is not much of a seam. And for all you die hards, this ain't my first build. And like I said DD and Larue are out of the question!

So here they are please give me some feedback gents.

Midwest Industries: 7" Carbine T7

Diamond Series Forearms

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

It looks like the Yankee Hill HG is out of stock, or I'd go with that one. The only available choice of those two is the Midwest Industries HG and you need to buy the front trim piece.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Not so much worried about them in stock. I can get both. Just a matter with finding a good product within my budget.

Feedback Score

Despite warnings by some experts, I went with YHM on my 20" upper. I'm very impressed so far. I do not have the Diamond Series, but do have their lightweight forearm like thousand others. YHM makes a bipod that screws on the front and they sell a disk that covers the hole up front.

I vote for the Diamond Series, and I may get one for my 16 inch Carbine, when my fund manager, aka wife, approves the purchase. Just my biased opinion. ("What I have is good. What you have is crap.", logic)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for the reply. I have been giving it alot of thought and am probably going to get the diamond. I'm probably going to get a rifle length for my 16" but hey if I don't like it I'll put it on a full length rifle. I'll post pics in a couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would go with the Yankee Hill I also have one, not the new diamond I think it was there specter light. I built it a few years back and have been happy so far

I plan one buying more but man did i pick a bad time to get back into building AR-15's

Feedback Score

If you don't use the rails you could get a $35 model 1 sales tube, you could even mount a rail on the bottom if you really wanted [all I ever see that might be useful on rails are vertical foregrips, and you don't usually put sights all the way out on the handguard].

Feedback Score

I don't think this matters, but if youwant to mount a very big scope on the AR, the solid front rail does come in handy. You can mount front ring on the tube and rear on the upper. Other than that, my 20 inch barrel full length rails is completely covered. I have this weird desire to mount flash light, green laser, flair launcher, coffee grinder, Gyro Stabilizer, and night vision, on it like some folks, but it still won't improve my crappy shooting skills.

My vertical grip on it, btw, is quickly becoming a monopod at the range.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.