Gunco Forums banner

Ar 15 mags? C products

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a question about some ar mags and was wanting some input on them. I figure that some of u out there have some C product AR mags. Im just looking for input on these seeing as there are some good deals going on right now and I was looking at buying some up. Do all of them come with the anti tilt followers, hold up well, welds last, feed well, ect? Any and all input on these I will greatly appreciate from u guys. I know thatyou get what u pay for so thats why Im askin. Ive seen these mags pop up on a few of the web sights and they have a realy tempting price. Thanks guys:help:

#2 ·
i have a ton of those i got a while back before things got crazy
grey teflon coated with green folowers dunno if there anti tilt or not but they dont tiilt at all!!
ive used them downrange -i always liked using my own some of the issue stuff was realy beat!!no feed problems and they hold up well!!had 1 ran over by a hummer just dented it a bit but still fed fine!!
good stuff id reccomed them!!

#6 ·
Got a few of there SS 30rnders not bad mags but the welds are pretty sloppy only tested one it worked in all my AR's but for a little more (a few bucks) The magpul PMAGS are worth it even if you have to wait a little bit.

BTW I got some of cproducts 9mm and .308 mags totally diffrent story. 9mm are great best I have found for a 9mm AR. I think There .308 mags for the DPMS LR308 are better than factory mags but I ordered some .308 PMAG's on back order I dont think there on the market tho.

If you got a AR-15 in 5.56mm/.223rem get the magpul PMAGs there the best I will not wast any more money on anything else but pmags

#12 ·
i like the mag-pull p-mag better for the 5.56 round. the D%H mag with the mag-pull follower is better then the c-mags IMHO. there isn't a lot more money involved with the D&H mags last i bought were $11 usually . the P-mags go for $14 and the C-s go for around $9. so far i haven't found a better mag for the 5.56 than the p-mag. they are better than the HK and far less expensive. some of the AR lowers with the tight mag well won't like them as well though. i run the D&H steel mags in the armalite, LMT and DS-Arms lowers.

the C-products mag is pretty good. i may try some with the gi type green anti tilt follower in aluminum and see if they will run 5.56 AND 5.45x39. which would be a nice little trick it it can. they are certainly the best inexpensive mag. i have got them for $8 a pop a few times.

#14 ·
TheColU.S.M.C................That is a cool video but I saw a similar one with tapco and there products sept they didnt do peel outs n thiers passed to. How would theses stand up to say k vars millitary comparison tests. Would the mags survive the horrizontal and vertical drop test while in the weapon? I appreciate the in put and I am just wondering because I am sceptical of polly mags. The only polly mags that I have experianced that are good is the bulgy ak 47 waffel mag. As for ar mags i havent bought any poly yet and might buy a pro mag to check one out for myself mostly because of all the high reviews u and others are giving it.
I am mostly interested in the C products though and what people think of them.. The company (C products) states that it is vietnam nam vet owned. So that would definitly to my understanding mean something of them understanding the inportance of a weapons mags and its roll.

#15 ·
sounds you are getting pro-mag and mag-pull all confused. pro mag is a more commercial "gunshow" product. it is not in the same league as mag-pull. i have got a quite a few of those bulgy ak-74 polymer mags. i consider the mag-pulls to be of the same quality.

mag-pull is a horse of another color compared to all other plastic AR mags-and even steel mags. there is just no comparison to the mag-pull.

as far as the drop test most aluminum mags and a good number of steel mags are questionable when dropped in the rifle. once you buy that first mag-pull ad fire a few rounds out if --then you will know what we are talking about. and then order more!!

the standard GI type mag is a good mag when not bent and with the correct follower.--it is just that the mag-pull is better.

i wish mag-pull would make a few mags in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, 6.5 grendel--lol!

like i said before i got a couple steamer trunks full of m-16 type mags i got Government contract, D&H, colt,bushmaster C_products and mag-pull and some other assorted mags. but my favorite 5.56 mag is the mag pull. it is smoother, has better and more constant spring pressure, feeds better and looks to be stronger than any other mag out there. now i haven't had a lancer in years, never tried a tapco, i did have some plastic canadian thermolds--which sucked by the way. the lancer was OK but not better than a aluminum or steel GI mag with anti-tilt followers.

the closest mag to compare the mag-pull to would be a factory glock pistol mag. they may be plastic--but the mag-pull is a very precise mag. worth every penny of the $14 they ask for um.

some lowers they fit a bit tight. they can be trimmed a little if it isn't just lock-up tight. usually the ones they are tight in are some lowers namely armalite and superior and a few others.. they fit slightly tight in my DPMS lower.

if you want the best mag get the mag-pull. if you want the best cheap mag get the C-products. but i tell you this if i was going back to the sand-pit i would be tote-ing a duffel-bag full of mag pulls and not lose any sleep over the mags not doing their jobs!!

the C-products is a good mag--the P-mag is just better!

#16 ·
sounds you are getting pro-mag and mag-pull all confused. pro mag is a more commercial "gunshow" product. it is not in the same league as mag-pull. i have got a quite a few of those bulgy ak-74 polymer mags. i consider the mag-pulls to be of the same quality.

mag-pull is a horse of another color compared to all other plastic AR mags-and even steel mags. there is just no comparison to the mag-pull.

as far as the drop test most aluminum mags and a good number of steel mags are questionable when dropped in the rifle. once you buy that first mag-pull ad fire a few rounds out if --then you will know what we are talking about. and then order more!!

the standard GI type mag is a good mag when not bent and with the correct follower.--it is just that the mag-pull is better.

i wish mag-pull would make a few mags in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39, 6.5 grendel--lol!

like i said before i got a couple steamer trunks full of m-16 type mags i got Government contract, D&H, colt,bushmaster C_products and mag-pull and some other assorted mags. but my favorite 5.56 mag is the mag pull. it is smoother, has better and more constant spring pressure, feeds better and looks to be stronger than any other mag out there. now i haven't had a lancer in years, never tried a tapco, i did have some plastic canadian thermolds--which sucked by the way. the lancer was OK but not better than a aluminum or steel GI mag with anti-tilt followers.

the closest mag to compare the mag-pull to would be a factory glock pistol mag. they may be plastic--but the mag-pull is a very precise mag. worth every penny of the $14 they ask for um.

some lowers they fit a bit tight. they can be trimmed a little if it isn't just lock-up tight. usually the ones they are tight in are some lowers namely armalite and superior and a few others.. they fit slightly tight in my DPMS lower.

if you want the best mag get the mag-pull. if you want the best cheap mag get the C-products. but i tell you this if i was going back to the sand-pit i would be tote-ing a duffel-bag full of mag pulls and not lose any sleep over the mags not doing their jobs!!

the C-products is a good mag--the P-mag is just better!

Thanks Again. I was having a brain fart. You are correct! I know the differance between brands and have made that mistake before. I ment to put mag pulls. I already understand from most anything that I read promag is not worth much. Very high reviews from every one about the mag pulls though. I appreciate the part up there about the superior. Ive been asking about the mags because I finaly got around to building an AR because I met a fellow with a ( U guessed it ) a superior arms lower for sale at the right price and bought it. All ready have a upper parts kit ordered and now looking for mags.
Thanks again for all the helpfull info!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.