7.62x25 uppers?

Thread: 7.62x25 uppers?

Feedback Score

Default 7.62x25 uppers?

I have seen both a side feed and a traditional bottom mag feed AR in 7.62x25mm. The side feeds seem to be easy enough to get from Prexis, but I'm having trouble finding a bottom fed upper. Any suggestios?

Feedback Score

Teppo-jutsu or something liek that, they make custom uppers in 7.62x25mm and a bunch of other calibers. both gas operated an blowback.

Teppo Jutsu - "Art of the Rifle" - Advanced Firearms Applications

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm interested in a x25 bottum feed upper also that uses a mag adapter for ppsh-43 mags.

Before my computer went tits up on me and I lost all my 'bookmarked' sites there was a person on AR15.com that was making some bottom feed uppers and also a firm making the ppsh-43 mag adapters.

I lost the links and 'Bookmarks' and I am not on that site so I guess i'll have to find the info from someone who is at AR15.com.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

Hello Big54
    Check out the latest Shotgun news, the one with colored front page and few pages, it has the AR15 rifle on cover page. There is a story feature of that 7.62 x 25 AR15 upper with mag that mounts in the lower mag hole just like the AR15 mags go and the upper has AR15 parts installed and looks like it belongs to the AR15 lower. The looks are pretty good to be on the AR15 lower. The man's name maybe is Williams. Williams builds them in his small shop.Take a look Cheers IRONMULE

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Funny I went the other way, I'm on the group buy for the side feeder upper for a different reason.

I prefer a dedicated lower for non 233 calibers in my ARs, so I plan on taking a 0% forging and making a lower for this 7.62x25 side feeder, I haven't done it yet but it doesn't look too bad with just Jigs and Drill press here's my plan anyway.

I will file the top and back flat, then put it in the CNCGuns Lower drilling Jig and drill the front & rear takedown holes, trigger, hammer and safety.

Then while it's still in the Jig attach the FCG Jig and drill and mill out the FCG pocket and rear takedown pocket with my drill press.

Then flip it over and drill the pistol grip hole and detent hole and tap them both.

I have the alignment tool with the shell reamer to open up a 1" hole that I will drill in the buffer area. Then with the upper attached once I open the rear takedown area and the monster tap to thread the buffer hole.

Then I am going to cut the magwell area off at an angle since I don't need it and bolt the takedowns on so I don't need the detents for the front and rear. I also want to stamp or engrave it to match the 7.62x25.

I also plan on cutting off the bolt stop catch area and I will be using the 1/8 ball bearing detent for the safety so I can remove the handle without an issue there.

Unless I can figure out how to anodize it I will probably spray and bake on a finish.

So what do you guys think, I haven't done it yet so it's all talk but this sounds like the simpleist way to use a 0% forging I can come up with.

I have used the Lower drilling Jig and the FCG Jig and the taps previously on 80% lowers.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

man these new 80% deals from Tactical are the berrys.......

im stockpiling them for later. wont ever be another zero forging for me. LOL

unless i can just do a bolt together like we were gonna make to start with.

the cnc upper is $850.. so being poor im gonna have to stick with the prexis upper at 400. :-)
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Feedback Score

Hello JimM44,
    Interesting approach to a neat 7.62x25 !!! I am also interested in the side magezine upper unit as I have some experience with the old A.R.C. pistols built by Bob Pierce in Prescott, AZ years ago. Those used a square steel tube upper and were made in .45 ACP and 9x19mm Parabellum. They also used a side magazine mount. These uppers fit an AR-15 or M-16 lower. The latter were mainly an L.E. sales item.

VD

Feedback Score

If someone happens to be interested in one of the side feed 7.62 toakrev uppers, I have one for sale at Weaponsguild.com. Just got it from Jestism over there, but need some quick cash. One of the guys over there said someone over here was interested in one:

Login

For some reason the link is funky, but if you have a membership over there and click on the thread it shoudl lead you straight to it.

Or just send me an email/pm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    ...the cnc upper is $850.. so being poor im gonna have to stick with the prexis upper at 400. :-)...

I know what ya saying sdk...my upper should be here in a cpl weeks, already talked to the vendor.

I wanted the RMW Xtreme upper so I could use it in 'shoot school'.
    Honestly I had to log quite a bit of OT and sell a cpl of kits to pay for the upper but I did it!

can't wait for it to get here...now I gotta get some OT so I can 'git me sum a'dat ammo for it'!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

cant wait to hear a good report and review on this upper. it looks very sharp.
    Hate takes LESS energy & thought... Dont be so Lazy.

Building or Bitching? which are you here to do?

YES, i work for TEC Tactical. 02/07 SOT

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.