Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $79.99 billet lower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Ordered 2

I thought the market had bottomed out at $79.00 and ordered 2. They will be in Tuesday, I'll give you my opinion on them when they arrive. I'd have to see that someone had a successful build on the dirt cheap 55.00 forged ones.
    Here's a link to a couple of succesful builds on the TNW's. They are cut from a 6061 billet, not 7075, I have done a bit of research on 6061 and with the beefed up design have no problems with using it. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=463760

Feedback Score

Yeah 25 years ago or more most of the non-Colt AR15's were milled billet 6061. There weren't any problems with as far as strength. DPMS uses 6061 for their 308 AR10's now. I preferred non-Colt lowers back then because they took the small front pin and surplus M16 uppers and the Colts had the large front holes and slotted screws. 6061 milled billet AR15 lowers are nothing new. They've been around a long time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i figure the TNW for $79.99+ $9.99 s&h and that R-guns lower closeout deal for $55+$20 s&h has got to be pretty close to the bottom dollar for finished lowers.

last time i saw lowers this inexpensive was when there was a close out on gunsmoke enterprises "GSE" lowers for $60 + s&h.

i tried to order 2 of them the guy charged my CC for 20 units--and they were on back order. after i got that credit card overcharge sorted out. i waited a month --no lowers. \\then un-authorised charges began to appear on my CC!

when you find a good deal on a lower look long and hard at who is selling them!

Feedback Score

Interesting. They can't be too bad at that price I would think. Thanks!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i figure the TNW for $79.99+ $9.99 s&h and that R-guns lower closeout deal for $55+$20 s&h has got to be pretty close to the bottom dollar for finished lowers.

last time i saw lowers this inexpensive was when there was a close out on gunsmoke enterprises "GSE" lowers for $60 + s&h.

i tried to order 2 of them the guy charged my CC for 20 units--and they were on back order. after i got that credit card overcharge sorted out. i waited a month --no lowers. \\then un-authorised charges began to appear on my CC!

when you find a good deal on a lower look long and hard at who is selling them!
    I found one way to protect my cc a bit. It cost a little more but I buy a credit card gift card. It has to have enough to cover the purchase plus charges and sometimes you can't cash the bit of money left on the card. Some of them allow you to add money and keep using it. I put just to cover what I'm spending and card charges. If the info gets stolen, nobody can take more than what's on the card or what's left on the card. I don't have to go through having my cc canceled. I could go farther use a different name as long as the adress was the same when I activate the card. That might help prevent ID theft. I could just buy the card for "John Smith" at my PO box. I haven't gone that far though and so far used my real name.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    I found one way to protect my cc a bit. It cost a little more but I buy a credit card gift card. It has to have enough to cover the purchase plus charges and sometimes you can't cash the bit of money left on the card. Some of them allow you to add money and keep using it. I put just to cover what I'm spending and card charges. If the info gets stolen, nobody can take more than what's on the card or what's left on the card. I don't have to go through having my cc canceled. I could go farther use a different name as long as the adress was the same when I activate the card. That might help prevent ID theft. I could just buy the card for "John Smith" at my PO box. I haven't gone that far though and so far used my real name.
    good idea--i may do that in the future!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default My 2 TNW lower receivers came in!

They are here! I unwrapped them from the packaging not knowing what to expect, I couldn't believe how nice the finish was, a very even matte black. Just a little darker the the Rock river lower my FFL had sitting on the counter. I asked my FFL if he had a LPK that he preferred and he told me Rock River. He mentioned that he had one and was curious how it would fit, 15 minutes later he had assembled the LPK in my TNW lower.... No modifications at all! It went together like a set of legos. I wish I had enough extra cash to order a dozen of these. I'd give them as a 12th birthday present to all my Grandchildren. Well, my 19 year old son is building the other lower and I better play spring chaser!

Feedback Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo9guy View Post
    They are here! I unwrapped them from the packaging not knowing what to expect, I couldn't believe how nice the finish was, a very even matte black. Just a little darker the the Rock river lower my FFL had sitting on the counter. I asked my FFL if he had a LPK that he preferred and he told me Rock River. He mentioned that he had one and was curious how it would fit, 15 minutes later he had assembled the LPK in my TNW lower.... No modifications at all! It went together like a set of legos. I wish I had enough extra cash to order a dozen of these. I'd give them as a 12th birthday present to all my Grandchildren. Well, my 19 year old son is building the other lower and I better play spring chaser!
    I just put one of these TNW billet receivers together and it was all a perfect fit. The finish was also perfect. These are as good as any $200 receiver.
    Buy your US made AK-47 compliance parts here.
    Best price on US made AK parts! also $5 flat rate shipping .
    http://www.rcmgunparts.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default They raised the price and now the are gone

I wanted to get a few more and the price was raised to 89.00, I thought to myself......yeah they are definitely worth 89.00. I clicked to order and they are out of stock...bummer! I'm sure glad I snagged the 2 I did.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

finally got mine assembled. everything fit super. haven't fired it yet but the trigger pull with the DPMS lpk seems wonderful. the fit to the upper is very nice, the TNW lower don't look half bad either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.