Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $79.99 billet lower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Good to hear. I have the lower assembled, but I'm waiting until after the holidays to purchase an upper.... I can't decide if I want to get a 5.45x39 and blast away with cheap ammo or 7.62x 39 (I've always liked bigger holes in what I shoot when it's a CQB situation) or a 5.56x45 with a long SS barrel and good optics for reach out and touch....... I think it was a good idea to get a receiver labeled multi-cal.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you know JSE has a bunch of lowers on sale for around $80.
    buds has the s&w lowers for $149 shipped if you just got to have a "name" on it.

the world is full of lowers these days at good prices. good hunting!

Feedback Score

ok i am a little sick of people saying that forging is better than billet etc etc

i am a manufacturing engineer graduate and this is what the differance is.

first the forging. generally a forging will be stronger that a billet if and only if it was cold worked. this means that the general shape of the receiver is made with the material at room temperature or slightly above. if the forging is made using a hot forging process the material will need to be retempered

now a billet is what it is. a peice of material that is prehardened, in the case of a lower to T6 specification. the machining process removes the material to the shape desired.

now what does this mean ... well if a forged lower is cold worked, meaning it was formed with no preheating... then yes it's tronger than the billet.. now if it was hot forged it will then need to be tempered to t6 specs then it will be the same thing as the billet

now if u guys want more info then i would have to get into phase transformation and age hardening.... and give a cource on materials ..

if there is any question let me know i will try to answer them as simply as i can

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

since i have been playing around with this billet lower. all i can say is i am very happy with it.

one thing i like about it is all the mags i have -5.56pmags.7.62x39 cmags, 5.45x39 cmags. steel d&h 5.56mags, labell alum 5.56 mags. i swapped uppers around and test fired the lower with all my uppers and all the mags dropped free perfectly. it really seems to have found a home with my 7.62x39 CF made upper.

the fit of this lower to the cardinal forge DSA uppers i have been getting is just about perfect. very tight and close fitting--but not so tight ya have to hammer it to get it open.

trigger pull is excellent with a stock DPMS lpk. the more i mess with it the more impressed i am the the TNW billet lower. their still a steal @ $89!

my only regret is not buying more of um.
    Last edited by j427x; 12-30-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Feedback Score

Are they 6061 or 7075?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

I love billet lowers simply because of the look, but if you research them they say that they are simply not worth the $ diff. I have a cpl from Tact Innov. and they look awesome, but can tell no difference in shooting or function. Kinda like buying a plain car, or getting the one with the spoiler and nice wheels. Wanna sexy lookin lower? go for it. but at that price looks like it doesn't matter, and heck for anything less than $100 better stock up now, this gun thing isn't over yet, just let our leader say the word "GUN" and watch out, $1200 WASR 10's and $2000 AR's. Get em while ya can guys, but def. check out CMT before you buy, (trust me)

Feedback Score

Also j427, nothing wrong with hammerin the pins out, all my Les Baeur's came with a tool to tap the pins out, because they make each lower to each indiv. upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steveono View Post
    Also j427, nothing wrong with hammerin the pins out, all my Les Baeur's came with a tool to tap the pins out, because they make each lower to each indiv. upper.

or they didn't polish the contact area on the retaining pin.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

if you guy want a good deal on AR lower , here is one , I order 2 of them, looks great

https://surplusammo.com/index.php?ma...3b3dc022190dc3

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.