Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $79.99 billet lower

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak $79.99 billet lower

AR Machined Lower Part #ARLOWER-MACH

this looks like a pretty decent deal. a billet lower for the price of the cheapest forged lower on the net. ya can't beat that with a stick.

Feedback Score

Is a billet lower superior to a forged lower?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

They were showing out of stock two minutes after I received their email yesterday. Must have gotten more.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

From what I hear these are good quality receivers.

TNW from what another person stated.

Mark

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

forged are the best, it compresses the metal during forging, resulting in a denser more stable part.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i wouldn't think that a milled part would be any better than a forging other than the cosmetics.

the milled will generally look cleaner and the fit is usually even more precise.

i don't have any milled parts yet. but i have seen them used and abused. they are pretty darned stout.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up got it in today so far looks to be very good.

just got around to picking the TNW lower up from my FFL. looks good out of the box. no scratches in the finish. holes look to be in the right places, some soap like powder stuff stuck to it, washed it off with water.

i haven't had time to assemble the lower yet. in a few days i'll get the lower finished up and give a short and sweet report on it.

Feedback Score

I remember 25 years ago the AR15's that weren't Colts were cheaper than Colts and most were made from billets. They usually had a smooth semi-shiny finish. They worked fine but one thing that kept the price down was the aluminum alloy used was 6061 instead of the more expensive 7075 used in the forgings. The new DPMS 308 AR10 uses a 6061 lower with an extruded 6066 upper. It doesn't seem to be a problem. At least not right away. I suspect the holes will wear and stretch a bit faster. Even the early AR15/M16 prototypes and maybe even the early production rifles used 6061 receivers. somebody told it says so in a book called "The Black Rifle" or the story of the black rifle. I didn't read it but I do remember the cheaper billet lowers 25 years ago. It might be a non-factor. Even Olympic Arms used to use cast lowers for a while. I they were one of the ones with billet lowers before there were cast lowers.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think the TNW is some kind of T6 silica billet as best i can tell. i don't think durability is going to be a problem as it is made thicker in critical areas. the way it is finished it seems to be very hard for aluminum. the trade off is weight. easily the best cheap lower i have run across so far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Just posted a deal I got word of in one of the other subforums, forged lowers for $55.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f255/clo...-lowers-51270/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.