Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AR 7.62x39 Questions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, the CZ is inedeed a very nice rifle. I would also agree that it looks like a great youth/ladies hunting rig. I guess that this whole exercise started with me looking at something that would handle very wet conditions with me not getting all worried about the weapon. The CZ being both wood stocked and pretty pricey is a draw back. The Ruger 77V 6mm she is using now is a lot like the CZ but with the advantage of being deadly out to 300+ yards with 95 grain Nozler Partitions. My other issue is that she is just plain picky about what she likes to shoot. She will not even consider any of my big bore lever or bolt guns and did not like any of the AKs either. On the other hand she really liked the AR so that is how I got onto the AR deer rifle trail. Granted in 7.62x39 its going to be limited to under 200yds. Not really a problem for the most part where we hunt anyway. Which gets me back to the 16" vs. 20" question. I would really like to go 20" to tame the recoil a bit better and maybe get a few more yards of reach. I did find a 20" upper assembly for under $400 at Model 1 Sales. Any comments on this supplier? Thanks for all the input and commentary. Its been fun just kicking this idea around. Deer season is less than two weeks away so this will be a project for next year and I have plenty of time to look into it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
    Wow, the CZ is inedeed a very nice rifle. I would also agree that it looks like a great youth/ladies hunting rig.

I did find a 20" upper assembly for under $400 at Model 1 Sales. Any comments on this supplier? Thanks for all the input and commentary. Its been fun just kicking this idea around. Deer season is less than two weeks away so this will be a project for next year and I have plenty of time to look into it.
    I love the product that Model 1 Sales shipped to me, problem is that you will be waiting a LONG, LONG time for your order. My order from April 2nd has not yet shipped. I am sure it will ship in the next few weeks, but that is how long the wait is with them.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.