Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 11 1/2 inch barrel on ar-15

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Interesting info on the short barrel. Got too pick mine up from Pirate next week.
    Down here in Florida it is almost impossible to find any places to do long range shooting.
    Florida gun shows you really dont see much long range stuff selling.
    Most of the shows down here are selling pistols, shotguns and assault weapon type stuff.
    When my Uncle worked the shows here, he couldn't give the long range weapons away.
    When he went out West people were grabbing them up. Real nice pre 64 Winchesters but people really had no use for them down here in the swamps.
    Guess there is no use buying something that can shoot out too 400 yards when the farthest you can see down here when your hunting is like 10 yards.
    Lot of guys here use baseball bats to hunt deer. Hell these woods are so thick you can just walk up on em and smack em in the head.
    Saves on ammo.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by arbushy556 View Post
    went out and shot with the new scope today, it did pretty well real nice groups at 100 and 200 yards 300 got a little spaced out but i still have some fine tuning, im pretty happy with the results so far, and as for the 3-12x42 scope on the carry handle, ya i wasnt to crazy about that type of scope on a carry handle but i think its actually a pretty cool setup now, it doesnt look as bad as i pictured it in my head. i didnt want a red dot or short range tactical type sight most of those are only 4x and i wanted something more long range.

If you reload you might want to try the 69gr Sierra matchkings for accuracy. I was able to get one raggged hole groups out of a couple of bull and heavy barrels with H335. That load is also what I use to see how well a barrel can shoot as it shoots well out of most of my uppers as long as the twist is 1-9 or faster. That was also back before the flat top receivers came out and I was using an A2 upper and a leatherwood carry handle scope mount. I found if I removed the scope it would be within an inch of where I had prevously sighted it in at which isn't bad at all.

Feedback Score

Info on 9mm barrel lengths.

SayUncle 9mm performance with barrel length

Rage

Feedback Score

I had a 11 1/2 in Bushmaster and it was extremely accurate. I had a 3x colt scope on it and at 200yrds it shot moa..

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by wildnoz View Post
    I had a 11 1/2 in Bushmaster and it was extremely accurate. I had a 3x colt scope on it and at 200yrds it shot moa..

9mm?

Rage

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post O.K. Guys.

I was researching the AR-15 and came across this on AR15s site.
    Complete guide for ARs for dummies like me.
    Some of you guys are over there and I could not help but want too pass on this information.
    I hope they dont get mad. If they do tell them I am sorry and will make a donation or something.
    If this is not appropriate or ethical the Mods can delete it. But just some super great info.
    Read.
    Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I was researching the AR-15 and came across this on AR15s site.
    Complete guide for ARs for dummies like me.
    Some of you guys are over there and I could not help but want too pass on this information.
    I hope they dont get mad. If they do tell them I am sorry and will make a donation or something.
    If this is not appropriate or ethical the Mods can delete it. But just some super great info.
    Read.
    Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

he,he,he, 4th R you turning into a mall-ninja?-- !

i think we have that ar assembly info somewhere on GUNCO!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Well

So far I have learned how to load the damn thing.
    That took about an hour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.