Thread: Which barrel?

Feedback Score

Default Which barrel?

Looking into refining my upper into a tack driver. Currently using a bushmaster 20" A3.

I want to put either a sabre defense 20" or a noveske.

Aestheically speaking I like the sabre. However I live ten miles away from noveske and all I ever hear is how durable and fantastic they are.

Are they equivalent? I plan on using it for varmint, practice, and of course (if not most importantly) shtf.

Zee
    Feedback Score

Look into the Bushmaster V-Match 20" uppers.
    Mine is a SS HB,FF,flat top,on a xtra Bushy lower i had in the safe,put on a Magpul grip and Ace stock had laying around. Took it out last Sunday to try,(finished it up on Sat pm)at 150 yds was grouping my 55gr plinkers real nice,need to get some 62 gr Noslers loaded up and see what it can do further out.
    Zee

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info.

Are these honestly better than the two I've listed?
    I mean I have an hbar 20" sitting right next to me that scares the bejesus out of ground squirrels, but I've never heard much about bushy precision products. I know it's probably a sweet rig, but the quality behind the sabre and noveske just seems too good to not go for especially when they are roughly equivalent in price.

Zee
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Singular idea's View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Are these honestly better than the two I've listed?
    I mean I have an hbar 20" sitting right next to me that scares the bejesus out of ground squirrels, but I've never heard much about bushy precision products. I know it's probably a sweet rig, but the quality behind the sabre and noveske just seems too good to not go for especially when they are roughly equivalent in price.
    I have Noveske parts on a couple builds,have not used Sabre so cannot comment,but so far my Bushmaster uppered rifles are quite accurate.
    Ask either of the 2 companies you are interested in if they make their barrels in house,if not then try to find out who does make them,you may be surprised at what you find out.
    In my safe,there are barreled uppers from Oly ( very accurate)Bushmaster,RRA (sucks imho) and a few using WOA (another nice barrel)and a Black Hole which i have not yet installed.
    So to answer your question,in my opinion the Bushmaster in the V-Match HB will hold it's own with most any commercial manufacture on the market.
    And remember,like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate,everyone will have an opinion,i just base mine off what has worked for me.
    Z

Feedback Score

I have heard great things about both the barrels you spoke of and as a matter of fact I just bought a complete AR15 upper form PK Firearms with a Sabre Defense 18 inch Stainless fluted upper with a YHM 12 inch Diamond Pattern handguard. For the cost difference I decided that the Sabre would be the better buy.

Feedback Score

Ive got a 16" Wilson heavy fluted on my ar M4. It shoots great, right at 1moa easy with all kinds of ammo. Cost about 300 bucks. Worth looking at.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.