Thread: Mag Question AR-15s.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question Mag Question AR-15s.

2-2-4] Adventure Line Manufacturing Company
    -------
    Adventure Line was one of the early magazine contractors, making both 20 and 30-round magazines. Adventure Line was aquired by Parsons, and eventually by Center. Adventure Line mags had gold-colored anodizing, black followers, and have especially long-lasting moly finish. Made from late 1960s-early 1970s. Floorplates stamped:
    ADVENTURE LINE MFG. CO.
    PARSONS, KS. U.S.A
    Troy's Mag FAQ

I grabbed about 5 of these. Are they worth anything to collectors?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

one of the worst jams i ever had with a m16 was an adventure line mag swelled up in a hot m16 and welded itself to the lower--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile O Tay..

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    one of the worst jams i ever had with a m16 was an adventure line mag swelled up in a hot m16 and welded itself to the lower--
    Well so much for these things ay.
    Your lucky the Guberment did not make you pay for a new weapon j4.
    They were going to make my buddy pay for a M-60 after he dropped it in a river. $10,000 into 20 feet of water.
    He said I told you I couldnt swim.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think their still holding those mags and that m16 out of my paycheck!--LOL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Back during the mag ban, a used one was going for $20 and usually needed a new spring as they had been cycled thousands of times in 'Nam and subsequrnt training in the US. I liked them, but nowdays with new ones with the improved follower selling for as little as $5-6 each the market for any of the contractor 30s is gone. Colt marked ones have a slight premium attached.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Back during the mag ban, a used one was going for $20 and usually needed a new spring as they had been cycled thousands of times in 'Nam and subsequrnt training in the US. I liked them, but nowdays with new ones with the improved follower selling for as little as $5-6 each the market for any of the contractor 30s is gone. Colt marked ones have a slight premium attached.
    Yes when I was in the Guberments control we only had the 20 round mags.
    When your nervous and scared and it is dark. In practicing with this one new 30 round mag. It takes some getting used to putting in place.
    The 20 rounders were straight best I can remember. Easy slap in. Duck and spray .
    Looked up the old Colts from the site I posted and they say those old Colts are going for a premium too collectors.
    Next trip too Asia maybe I will bring a metal detector and look for some.
    Like j4 said. They were disposable. Use em and heave em. Our tax money at work.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the best mags we had that were government issue were the labelle mags and the later D&H which i think were the same thing. checkmate was also pretty good.

we did use lots of "junk" mags in training. they were great cause you got to work every kind of possible jam and malfunction!--LOL! it sucked but it was good training! you got to give SPORTS a workout.

when going into anything like real action we cherry picked our mags from a bunch that were tested on the firing line.

the worst thing a CO could do would be issue some mags from a box that no one had tested--to a bunch of green boots and send them into combat. that is asking for trouble with a m-16 or an AK even.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.