Thread: cut a mini-30 barrel for an ar-15 upper?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak cut a mini-30 barrel for an ar-15 upper?

anybody ever cut down a mini-30 barrel to fit a ar-15 barrel extension?

i keep seeing these mini barrels dirt cheap?

seems like i read somewhere that there were some problems with mini-30 barrels and a bunch of them got pulled??

would it be a doable project to convert a mini barrel to an ar-15 upper anyways??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If there's a will theres a way I never had any luck with a mini-14. I had a mini-14 that could hit a barn door on a good day with no wind if I was lucky. I think the barrels where the worst part. Don't know too much about the 30 A buddy had one when I was in high school but I never got to see it in action

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCol.U.S.M.C. View Post
    If there's a will theres a way I never had any luck with a mini-14. I had a mini-14 that could hit a barn door on a good day with no wind if I was lucky. I think the barrels where the worst part. Don't know too much about the 30 A buddy had one when I was in high school but I never got to see it in action

my experience with the mini is about the same. i have had 4 mini-14s over the years. the only one worth a damn was that very early one i paid $168 for NIB.

it was about 2.5"MOA rifle and was fair in reliability. the other three well? they sucked--

they all did the same thing they would put one round in--the next round would be a flier.

i think the 30s may have had some barrel problems as well but i never had one.

only reason i am considering a mini-30 barrel is i can get a stainless take off for $29 cut it down to say 11.5" or maybe 12" & hang a 5.5 flash hider on it and go shoot some corrosive 7.62x39 and not worry about the barrel rusting or pitting too much.

don't know if it is worth the effort to be cheap though. if the mini-30 barrel won't take the extension it is a wast of time and $

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.