Gunco Forums banner

DSA ZM4's $275

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Has anyone have any experience with these uppers?
They don't come with a BCG but man that's a good deal.
They are chromed lined barrels.

I've heard that a DSA FAL is a fantastic piece but I was wondering if this retains the same fit and finish.

Here's the link: DSA ZM4 Forged 7075T6 A3 AR15 Upper Receiver - DSZM4CBU-D S Arms

ALSO, there's a second model that's parkerized. I have no idea what parkerizing will do aside from a nice finish. Does this affect the barrel?

#2 ·
that is a very very good price for a DSA upper with chrome lined barrel. that is about $100 off what they were selling them for just a few months back.

i think this is one of those "obama economic recovery specials". you can't hardly build one with a non chromed barrel for this price. if you count shipping your going to go over this price building one.

they probably overbuilt during the panic and now since the economy is soured they need to liquidate some hardware for quick cash--

if you need an upper by all means this is the one to get if you want a good deal.
all the DSA stuff i have seen has been very good quality.

if i wasn't obama broke i would buy one myself!

#4 · (Edited)
m&a has some of those FN & colt unmarked bolt carriers with bolts for $120

j&e sells charging handles for $15 and ar-15 bolt carrier groups for $105 on the specials page.

i usually use the m-16 carrier and the standard buffer though.

this is a good deal i am a thinking. last upper i bought that was assembled was a CD defense that had been used as a demo but looked brand new. it cost $290 and this was before the obama panic. same type too- m4 flattop 16 inch chrome lined barrel 1&7"twist. 4150 cv steel. i would guess that these were built with something like those DD 16" barrels which are sold out everywhere @$169.99 naked--

so this is a much better upper than you can build for the price--less you have some very good connections somewhere--

hehehe! looks like that ad was a typo. you get a regular 1-9 twist barrel and no chrome lining in the barrel. still not bad though.

they do have a hell of a sale on blemished lowers though. $60!DSA ZM4 Stripped Lower Receiver - DSZM4R-D S Arms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.