Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: build vs buy

Feedback Score

j427x, I understand what ya mean. I sorta rushed into my 1st build and I got a Model1 sales upper...from what people say its one of the better cheap kit guns out there. I havent had any problems with it and I've abused it at the gun range on a number of occasions. This other build I did (had done) was from Bison Armory and it has the much nicer stuff in it and on it. Stuff like the YM Machine Carrier and ITS Superbolt. I don't have the tools n stuff to build it myself so havin someone build it for is close enough to to call it built by me lol.
    -“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
    -“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home” - John Wayne
    -"This world is rough and if a man wants to make it he's gotta be tough" - Johnny Cash

Feedback Score

Kinda like a computer, buy it off the shelf and get what they give you or customize it for yourself and have it clean....
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Johnny_V

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

j427x, what is the best price you've found on M-16 bolt carrier and bolt? I see the DSA SA for $110 and BCM looks like it still has the carrier alone for $69 but you will spend another $ 70 for a bolt.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

$105-$110 i think is a very good price for a bolt carrier and bolt. JSE sometimes has del-ton bolts & carriers for $90 but that is a rare sort of sale. these are the semi type. sometimes del-ton will put theirs on sale for around $90+

i don't recommend going cheap on bolts or bolt carriers though. that BCM carrier is a colt or FN government over run. the BCM, DD and LMT are what i consider the best on the market. their only around $130 or so and worth every penny IMHO.

i also do not recommend going for those enhanced bolts /carriers and so on for a regular build. they cost much more $$ , do nothing for a non NFA rifle and can actually cause problems if they are used when not needed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks, I guess I'll grab a BCM combo for $130.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.