$49.99 flatop uppers- deal or not?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $49.99 flatop uppers- deal or not?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default $49.99 flatop uppers- deal or not?

AR-15 Upper Receiver New GI Spec

another CDNN quasi deal. if it is as good as GI then it is a decent deal. but if it is some kind of second--well i got second thoughts! LOL!

anybody bought one?

good non blemished stripped flattops with the m4 feed ramps go for $60-$65 on sale and aim has been selling the excellent DSA flattop for $79.99 shipped for some time now.

Zee
    Feedback Score

I picked up several of the Key Hole Forge marked uppers at the local funshow last month for $40.00 ea,stripped of course.
    The company was selling them as blems,couldn't find anything wrong visually.
    Asked the guy to show me the problem,he says that they have too much of the anodizing in the slot for the charging handle.Got them home,tried a few different handles with no problems at all.
    Figure any uppers for less than $60.00 is a good deal,all the parts to assemble run $20.00,little less sometimes, around here.
    One thing i have noticed on most all the low priced uppers i have seen,the anodizing is usually a flatter black and doesn't match most lowers in color.
    If you are building a trk gun,or plan on refinishing then they are worth it.
    Z
    edit,hard to tell from the pic,but those look like they may be Cardinal Forge.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I picked up several of the Key Hole Forge marked uppers at the local funshow last month for $40.00 ea,stripped of course.
    The company was selling them as blems,couldn't find anything wrong visually.
    Asked the guy to show me the problem,he says that they have too much of the anodizing in the slot for the charging handle.Got them home,tried a few different handles with no problems at all.
    Figure any uppers for less than $60.00 is a good deal,all the parts to assemble run $20.00,little less sometimes, around here.
    One thing i have noticed on most all the low priced uppers i have seen,the anodizing is usually a flatter black and doesn't match most lowers in color.
    If you are building a trk gun,or plan on refinishing then they are worth it.
    Z
    edit,hard to tell from the pic,but those look like they may be Cardinal Forge.
    interesting-- well if it is a cardinal forge it would be worth a shot. if they have a shipping discount over the weekend i"ll order one.

who knows if the upper they sell is the same upper in the photo though??

i have bought a bunch of belms from LAR and just recently DSA --on them you better get the microscope to find that tiny blemish--

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score

If they ship you the forged upper shown in the picture it is a great deal. Im not sure what they are shipping now but what they sent me a year ago was a couple cheap cast uppers that were definately not mil spec. I didn't notice at first and they sat in my parts box for months before looking at them. I used one of them on a .22LR build and the other is in a box somewhere.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

j427x, let us know if you get one. I've been on LAR's blem flat top list for a while now. If these are good I'd rather get 3-4 of them while I have the $ before I piss it away!

Zee
    Feedback Score

I noticed they have CProduct mags on special also,for 6.99 ea.
    looks like it in the daily special deal link.
    Daily Dynamite Deal

i have an email into them asking about the uppers.
    Z

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapme View Post
    If they ship you the forged upper shown in the picture it is a great deal. Im not sure what they are shipping now but what they sent me a year ago was a couple cheap cast uppers that were definately not mil spec. I didn't notice at first and they sat in my parts box for months before looking at them. I used one of them on a .22LR build and the other is in a box somewhere.

now see that is the kind of crap that worries me. if they send some china made pot-metal crap it won't even be worth the shipping charges--

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    now see that is the kind of crap that worries me. if they send some china made pot-metal crap it won't even be worth the shipping charges--
    Sarco is good for that. A lot of their knock off crap says "GI ISSUE", but they don't say USGI issue. I could care less if some third world country thinks its good enough for their troops.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Sarco is good for that. A lot of their knock off crap says "GI ISSUE", but they don't say USGI issue. I could care less if some third world country thinks its good enough for their troops.
    That is good to know... thx

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

CDNN has sold me some very good parts for dirt cheap.

and they have sold me some junk shit that i wouldn't have the heart to give away--except for scrap metal.

most of the time they have been good though. i did have to send a rifle scope back--and i did get a refund on it.

if we get another of those shipping discounts i will order one of these uppers. it will be Thursday next week before it gets here. if i get one i'll report on if it sucks or not then.

i have about half decided to skip this one and order one of those $65 shipped flattop uppers elsewhere.

Alpha Shooting Sports M4 Upper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.