Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $49.99 stripped uppers arrived today!

Feedback Score

Got my upper today. Its cardinal forge marked. The only issues I can see are the T marks are a little "squiggly" and the finish behind brass deflector is a little rippled. I don't have a problem with either. This is going to be a total beater rifle. It might even get a coat of krylon. I'm debating a 5.45 or going with one of the cheap unfinished $70 5.56 barrels that are out there. I'll see how it fits one of the DM blemish lowers from Rguns later tonight.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harleyvet02 View Post
    Got my upper today. Its cardinal forge marked. The only issues I can see are the T marks are a little "squiggly" and the finish behind brass deflector is a little rippled. I don't have a problem with either. This is going to be a total beater rifle. It might even get a coat of krylon. I'm debating a 5.45 or going with one of the cheap unfinished $70 5.56 barrels that are out there. I'll see how it fits one of the DM blemish lowers from Rguns later tonight.

that upper would be perfect for a duracote cammo build!

that is the first cardinal i have heard of out of this bunch from CDNN.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Got mine in the mail today. looks great, cardinal forge i think?? Heres a picture of the only blemish/defect I can find on this guy, plus the forge mark.

Also, I think this is what harleyvet was talking about with the "squigly T"

Last edited by Mr_Posthumous; 05-20-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added a picture

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

that is a cardinal forge upper. that is a more pronounced cosmetic blem than the two i got. also the "T" marks look to be on the high of the "T-rail". all my flat-tops that are "T" marked have the numbers stamped in the gap between the T's.

the several cosmetic issues shouldn't cause any problems with function though. should make a fine shooter. and i'll bet those little cosmetic blems are hard to spot without my very up close glasses IRL!

i test fitted mine with the new m4 ramped 7.62x39 barrel and the barrel and receiver ramps matched up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Got mine in the mail today. looks great, cardinal forge i think?? Heres a picture of the only blemish/defect I can find on this guy, plus the forge mark.

Also, I think this is what harleyvet was talking about with the "squigly T"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

looks like it in the pics, but the "T" is stamped in the recess's.. The blemish is barely noticable... goin to the crossroads of the west gun show at del mar day after tomorrow, maybe find some more pieces there, start puttin 'er together..(read: bullet button)

..and maybe have a chance to toss bricks at the screw ball that told me "Im selling that (shot out and dark dingy and dirty) yugo barrel with the (busted) front site block and (dented/actually missing a chunk) rear trunnion! You want to buy it? Its only $299! heck fella, ill throw in a free RSB, just for you!"

...I walked away, but did indeed give him the evil eye. :P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I got my 2 yesterday. I think I'll build one in 7.62x39 and the other in 6.8, although part of me would love to build a custom in 8mm Kurz. They look really good, and in a first inspection, I didn't find any discernible blemishes. Good deal.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

My $49 upper from CDNN came today. Only problem I noticed was that it was a pretty loose fit to my lower. I had another DSA upper that fit a lot tighter. Noticed a "3" stamped on the bottom of the rear lug on the looser upper and a "2" stamped on the bottom of the rear lug on the tighter upper. Anyone know what the numbers mean? I could put an accu-wedge in but I like the tighter fitting recievers. Other than that - it's a great looking upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My $49 upper from CDNN came today. Only problem I noticed was that it was a pretty loose fit to my lower. I had another DSA upper that fit a lot tighter. Noticed a "3" stamped on the bottom of the rear lug on the looser upper and a "2" stamped on the bottom of the rear lug on the tighter upper. Anyone know what the numbers mean? I could put an accu-wedge in but I like the tighter fitting recievers. Other than that - it's a great looking upper.

the three DSA uppers i got from AIM were marked "2" and "3" they are cardnial forge parts. they are stranegly not marked DSA.

the two i got from CDNN have a "1" stamped there. they are made by BAC and have a square forge mark.

some of the DSA uppers do seem to fit a bit looser on some lowers. they seem to fit much tighter when rifle is fully assembled on the few lowers that seem a bit too loose when trial fitted.

i thought i would compare the cardinal forge ones i got from aim to the BAC's i got from CDNN. on lowers they fit exactly the same.

on my lowers they were tight on the same ones and loose on the same ones. this makes me think they were made by the same people on the same tooling and jigs.

i hope to have some DSA lowers soon. it would be interesting to see how well their lowers fit their uppers.

from my ar-15 the loosest fit on the DSA uppers is still tighter than many of the m16s i used while i was with the peace core. LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nkluksda View Post
    I got my 2 yesterday. I think I'll build one in 7.62x39 and the other in 6.8, although part of me would love to build a custom in 8mm Kurz. They look really good, and in a first inspection, I didn't find any discernible blemishes. Good deal.

Alpha Shooting Sports M4 Upper check these guys out for some inexpensive 7.62 and 5.45x39 barrels. you will have to look under products barrels citadel -

i just got a 16" stripped barrel form them for $107 shipped. i was expecting it to be a turd. but it looks very nice. it has full m4 ramps which might be helpful with the big 7.62 bullets. gi military profile with the light weight profile in the back and heavy at the muzzle. my only gripe about it is the 5/8-24 threads --but that is being nit-pickey.

Feedback Score

That is how my t marks look. My numbers are all perfect but the t's are off. The fit was very good on the Delaware Machine lowers I got from rguns. I have not tried on a Rock River lower I have yet. I did not try a bolt or bcg yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.