Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: $49.99 stripped uppers arrived today!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Sold! $49.99 stripped uppers arrived today!

AR-15 Upper Receiver New GI Spec

this is an update to the CDNN uppers. i took a chance and ordered a couple and this is what they sent me.

the uppers are a3 flat tops with standard feed ramps. the are marked DSA on the front of the upper just above the gas port tube outlet. they have a square forge mark indicating they were forged by BAC. nothing wrong here, i have seen colts use the same upper. i built the middie on one of these from JSE last year.

they are t marked but not outlined. i did trial fit a bolt carrier and charging-handle, they fit fine.

they do have a slight surface imperfection in the finish on the port side just above the rear take down pin. there are some tiny pin-prick like marks in the finish. they are very small and your going to have to look very close to see them. sort of like the finish had a few super tiny bubbles in it that dried and chipped the finish and left these pin-prick like marks.

they could be cosmetic blems or it could be some kind of handling marks--they are so small who cares?

i am happy with them and they will make fine shooters.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've been on a waiting list for cosmetic blem receivers for a while now that are the same price. I could care less about small cosmetic marks as they will go on hunting guns that will soon have handling marks on them anyway. Thanks for the report J427X, I'll be ordering some!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well they are very nice uppers--they are blems and there for not perfect -- you are going to have to look hard if there like the ones that the UPS truck brought me today.

the blems i got from LAR last year were slightly better in that their cosmetic issues were under the a2 sight housing where when assembled you can't see the blem part at all. the could pass for perfect. the flattops are a bit harder to find at a discount price due to their popularity.

for $49.99+ a measly $4.99 weekend shipping discount there a good buy. since i bought two of them they came out to $52.49 each shipped.

Feedback Score

Received one today and am quite impressed with the quality. I looked it over with a fine tooth comb and am hard pressed to find any flaws.
    Johnny V
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V View Post
    Received one today and am quite impressed with the quality. I looked it over with a fine tooth comb and am hard pressed to find any flaws.
    is yours a DSA part like mine?

Feedback Score

Yes it is. My only concern is if the feedramps will line up. Any good way of knowing??
    Johnny V
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V View Post
    Yes it is. My only concern is if the feedramps will line up. Any good way of knowing??

well the ones i got do have m4 ramps so there shouldn't be a problem as long as the barrel has the m4 ramps on the barrel extension.

most barrels these days do have the m4 ramps on the extension.

it is when you put the non-m4 barrel on a m4 ramped upper is when there is a problem.

if you do have a barrel with regular ramps you can dremmel it a little and use it with the m4 upper. a chainsaw sharpening stone works well.
    Last edited by j427x; 05-14-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: furbar

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

i just ordered one from there. Decided its time to start sneaking parts of the AR I want to build, while the wife's not looking...hehehehehe.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default check fwd assist pin

I currently have a DSA flat-top upper (not bought from CDDN) that has an incorrectly located Fwd assist pin- once the pin is inserted, the fwd assist will not function (it's locked by the pin)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyfringe View Post
    I currently have a DSA flat-top upper (not bought from CDDN) that has an incorrectly located Fwd assist pin- once the pin is inserted, the fwd assist will not function (it's locked by the pin)

now that i would like to see. do you have a digital camera?

never heard of that problem on any upper before much less a DSA. it must be some kind of factory reject??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.