Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 x 39 AR

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

how about a 7" 7.62x39? makes a hell of a fireball! LOL!

next thing you know the 50 b-wolf and the short mags are going to end up as shorties!--LOL

i think 4th may invent something new here. instead of a shortie --or ultra shortie , 4th goes even shorter and makes the first "snubbie"-ar-15!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post bsouthnow.

Quote Originally Posted by bsouthnow View Post
    I want an M60 but can't afford the helo or jeep they attach to. Heck!
    Just finishing up my ar.308. Receiver goes to the anodizer the latter part of this week. Can't wait. Using a carbine DPMS upper.
    The man who got this chopper paid pennies on the dollar for it.
    You know when you go by V.F.W.s or Legions, whatever. You see helicopters sitting out front on display.
    A lot of them paid a dollar for them. Had the link when I talked too the man who owns this one. Real nice guy.
    He got it out of Ohio. He was a Nam chopper pilot and "somehow???" got a one time permission too fly it too Florida.
    Too purchase. You must be affiliated with an organization that will use it for display purposes.
    You must keep it painted and out of respect, looking decent and displayed.
    The gentleman who owns this one brings it too the Nam reunion each year.
    It is flyable but he is no longer allowed to lift if off the ground.
    The jet I will put the picture up. Cost the Navy museum over here at the Deland airport $20,000. The Guberment cost was probably 70 million.
    Reason being is because it was flown into the airport for their display.
    Navy techs came in and then removed the engines.
    If they supplied the transportation too the museum, it would have been transportation cost only.
    The Warbird Museum down here buys them and flys them.
    VALIANT AIR COMMAND WARBIRD MUSEUM - Titusville Florida
    They paid a dollar for a Phantom Jet and were restoring it for flight last time I was there.
    Must have been two dozen M-60s at the Nam reunion. Dont know if they were dimilled and Govt. bought for display.
    Edit: Here is one link too get you started toward owning your very own Warbird.
    Warbird Alley: Miscellaneous Warbird Links
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

wow! a f-14 costs less than a used SUV! wonder what the gas mileage is on that bad-boy?-

just think 4th that tomcat has a m-61 20mm six barreled cannon. wonder what one of those would be like cut back to 10"?--LOL!

Feedback Score

I built a AR-47. I used a 16" Del-ton, I waited 6 months for it and it was threaded 1/2"x28. I bored out an .223 brake. I used an A3 upper I can't remember where I got it now. I purchased a Tac-2 assembly from Dry-fire.com ; The TAC2 AR15 Discreet Carry Kit | DRY-FIRE to tie the upper together. I used a railed gas block from Midwayusa; DoubleStar Gas Block Single Picatinny Rail AR-15 Standard Barrel .750" Inside Diameter Aluminum Matte - MidwayUSA
    The bolt I chose is from AR Performance; I.T.S. 7.62x39 9310 alloy superbolt
    The only issue I am having is with the bolt carrier I will probably pickup the one offered by MGI if I can't solve the issue myself. I think if I had it to do over I would use MGI's bolt and carrier; Modified Bolt Carrier for 7.62x39 - $125.00 : MGI Military, MGI Military
    CProducts mags are what I purchased Havent been able to function test due to problems with the bolt carrier.
    Anyone know where material must be removed on bottom of carrier?

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book, 1774-1776

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I don't know why you would have to remover material from the carrier.

all my parts were standard and the gun works.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    I don't know why you would have to remover material from the carrier.

all my parts were standard and the gun works.

my only guess would be that he has a ar-47 lower that uses AK mags.

all my 7.62x39er AR-15s use standard m-16 style carriers. they work fine with the c-products mags. no need for a special machined carrier if running stock ar-15 type mags and lower.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Funny story on that F-14..

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    wow! a f-14 costs less than a used SUV! wonder what the gas mileage is on that bad-boy?-

just think 4th that tomcat has a m-61 20mm six barreled cannon. wonder what one of those would be like cut back to 10"?--LOL!
    It came out of Jacksonville ?? Naval Air Station I think.
    Deland airport is small, short runway.
    Navy museum is on the phone with Jacksonville. Waiting for the jet too come in. Cub scouts. Boy scouts. School kids, Vets, all waiting for the jet too come.
    Slight rain, slick runway, short.
    Two Navy pilots say "no go" too dangerous.
    Taco and his buddy, carrier pilots say. "Give us the stick. We will take that baby in. Cant disappoint the kids."
    "We will be there in 20 minutes."
    20 minutes. Jet comes screaming over the runway at mach 90 afterburners on full. Couple of rollovers.
    Hit the runway, lock the brakes. Done.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Next AR is going too be a 7" barrel.
    Mine will be louder than Pirates and put out a bigger flame. Haaa haaa.

Feedback Score

Thanks, The problem is that the weapon doesn't cycle with the 7.62 bolt. I used an 80% forged lower that I completed. Lower works fine with a 5.56 top end. I also used the adjustable gas tube from MGI. So the problem could be the gas tube although I backed the screw out to allow the most flow. I misread the MGI website that carrier is for their lower with the AK mag well. I will be back at the range tomorrow to do more testing.I will change the gas tube first then swap out the carrier.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by fredseviltwin View Post
    Thanks, The problem is that the weapon doesn't cycle with the 7.62 bolt. I used an 80% forged lower that I completed. Lower works fine with a 5.56 top end. I also used the adjustable gas tube from MGI. So the problem could be the gas tube although I backed the screw out to allow the most flow. I misread the MGI website that carrier is for their lower with the AK mag well. I will be back at the range tomorrow to do more testing.I will change the gas tube first then swap out the carrier.

the 7.62x39 ar-15s can be a bit to get running. there pretty new on the market and they haven't been fully developed to the extent the 5.56 versions have.

first thing i would check on yours would be the standard ar-15 trouble shoot. check the carrier key, check the gas rings, check the fsb/gas block, check the gas tube for bends or being plugged.

i did have to open up the gas port in my wilson barreled 7.62x39 a tiny bit to get it to run reliable. and there are some things about it --like it has a very tight chamber which leads to some problems extracting & ejecting the spent cases if you run a real heavy extractor spring and a stiff 0-ring it can cause problems with a tight chamber in 7.62

after opening up the gas port in the barrel one size, changing the HD extractor spring to a standard one and doing away with the 0-ring. it runs like a clock now.

my citidel barreled build ran like a champ out of the box. it has a more open/standard 7.62x39 chamber and didn't require all the extra work the wilson did.

you do not need any of that expensive MGI stuff to get your 7.62x39 to run. all you need is to find that little problem area and get it trued up. then it should run true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.