Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 x 39 AR

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default 7.62 x 39 AR

I have been wanting to get a 7.62 x 39 upper for a while, I ordered the bbl & bolt from model 1 sales and the rest of the stuff from rock river. all the parts showed up today and I put it together. the only fly in the ointment is that the bbl threads are 1/2" x 36 tpi, so the flash hider won't fit. I was going to rethread the muzzle but decided to do it right and get another flash hider.

I can't wait till tomorrow to do a mag dump into the bullet trap to see what kind of flames come out the front!!

the next step will be to take the 16" 5.45 x 39 upper I have and whack the bbl and have a set of uppers for my shorty. I want to build a box to hold the spare uppers, mags, optics and other goodies that go with the gun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Good looking AR, let us know how the mag dump goes.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea it is crazy with the 7.62x39 ar barrels. the wilson i have has got 1/2-28 and the citadel has 5/8-24 and the flash hider JSE sent is for a 7.62 is 1/2-36! LOL!

good news is a gunco member sold me a m-60FH from a DPMS 308 that has the right threads for the new barrel and a old duckbill fits the wilson fine.

i wish some one would make a standard for the 7.62s and all of them be one size on the FH threads.

i think 1/2"-36 are for 9mms --but i don't have a 9mm barrel so YMMV on that one.

you better hide that one pirate or 4th will have to have a 7.62x39 shortie too!

if he discovers those 7" barrels lord help the neighbors! LOL!

Feedback Score

Sweet shorty!

Check mout these people:

CNC Warrior :: OnLine Store

I contacted them about a month ago, when I found out my lastest AR build (7.62X39) was threaded 1/2X36 so they have started making them. I don't know them personally, but I would recommend anyone that willing to to do things like this for consumers.

I bet yours would look sweet with that Derita Demon on it!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    yea it is crazy with the 7.62x39 ar barrels. the wilson i have has got 1/2-28 and the citadel has 5/8-24 and the flash hider JSE sent is for a 7.62 is 1/2-36! LOL!

good news is a gunco member sold me a m-60FH from a DPMS 308 that has the right threads for the new barrel and a old duckbill fits the wilson fine.

i wish some one would make a standard for the 7.62s and all of them be one size on the FH threads.

i think 1/2"-36 are for 9mms --but i don't have a 9mm barrel so YMMV on that one.

you better hide that one pirate or 4th will have to have a 7.62x39 shortie too!

if he discovers those 7" barrels lord help the neighbors! LOL!
    Hah too late. I just filled out my from 1 for my next shortie ProjectGuns helped me with the paperwork. Sending in the paperwork "stamp request" tomorrow.
    Next month I am going for the 7". Ho yah. I spotted that on one of the sites you put. Oh yeah.
    Now I am saving my pennies for a Military jeep.
    I am trying to find an M-60 for those guys.
    Last Nam reunion in Melbourne Fla. here there must have been a dozen jeeps and helicopters with M-60s mounted on them.
    The loudest weapon I have ever heard was an AR in .308 I think it was.
    Might get one of those also. Guy fired one next too me at the range and I thought he punched me in the side of the head.
    Think I will get one of those next and really piss off the neighbors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I want an M60 but can't afford the helo or jeep they attach to. Heck!
    Just finishing up my ar.308. Receiver goes to the anodizer the latter part of this week. Can't wait. Using a carbine DPMS upper.
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

how short can you go on a m60 barrel?--LOL!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I test fired it today in the bullet trap. I was using golden tiger ammo and the fire ball coming out was so intense it singed the hair on my hand & arm. I only fired 3 rounds. I will give it another go tomorrow with the video camera, welding gloves & long sleeve shirt!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

love the ar's in 7.62x39 & 5.45 x39! you will too!

s
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Next Build - 7.62X39!!!!! I have 3 recievers that need birthing! I also want to build a bean field varmit rifle! What caliber would you recommend Sniper???
    I'd rather use a shelf round and not a wildcat round!
    Thanks and nice looking rifle.
    Bill
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.