Thread: How do you know?

cag
    Feedback Score

Default How do you know?

Hi Guys,
    I been out of the AR building game for a long time. Back when i built my first AR there was only one place to buy from and that was Sarco. Now you have 100's of places to buy from! Here a while back I bought some AR lower parts, I asked who made them, and i didn't get a strait answer. These parts were in bulk trays at a Gun Show, I see that a lot of dealers say mil spec. parts, so does that mean they are mfg. to Military Specs.??? I know that there are easy ways to tell if the spring are weak and if the roll pins are soft, but how do you know if the trigger group is hard or soft, do you drag a file over each part? How about the bolt carrier and bolt? I am sure that a lot of these dealers all buy from certain mfg's. I can't believe that every company has there own foundry!!! Yes there are the HIGH Dollar parts, but I would think that there are stock parts that are better than others???
    I would be great full for the advice.
    CAG

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

small parts i have been getting mostly DPMS and del-ton.

one of the last DPMS bulk packs came in a bag marked rock river. don't know if it means anything or not.

LMT makes very good LPK, as does rock river i'm told and daniel defense. my last DPMS lower parts kits seem to be just as good as the LMT's and colts i have had so i am not in any hurry to spend more on them.

i got some bulk LPKs from sarco a few years ago. they had a lot of colt parts in them at that time. don't know what their shipping now. so not all bulk stuff is bad.

what i do is assemble the lower and see if everything works as it should. see if the trigger is not too rough and too hard on the pull.

i have only had one that had a hard trigger lately it was in a cmmg kit. what i did was swap in an old colt small pin hammer and the trigger lightened right up.

strangely the cmmg hammer worked fine with another trigger --

my advice is just get the DPMS LPK if you want a standard trigger. if you want a two stage or adjustable that is another matter.

cag
    Feedback Score

J427,
    Thanks for the heads up! I have heard of hard tigger pull, but I have been lucky not to get one yet! I won't mention the co. that i got the last 2 kits, but i have got lucky and just wanted some input so that I could stay away from bad parts.
    Thanks
    CAG

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.