Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 BLOWS UP..

Feedback Score

The forward assist was never meant to jam a round into the chamber. It was made to allow the bolt to close after letting water out of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    I too agree it was a squib load. "I didn't load these Brian did" - I assume they are talking reloads.
    I've gotten in the habit of weighing every round when I reload for my rifles. I had one squib load, and I don't want another. I know the average case weight is of every kind of headstamp (written on a chart), the bullet weight, and the expected powder weight. I haven't caught a light load yet, and I don't want to; even so, weighing is a good precaution. So is a "powder cop" die if your press has a spare hole.

Like they said, "pop, no bang" means cease fire and check it out.
    Q - What is Bambi?

A - Viable Target

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I still charge the cases with powder 1 case at a time, placing them in a shell tray. When the shell tray is full, I use a flash light and look inside everyone of them. It may be slower to do it that way, but have never had a squib.
    I know nothing...........nothing !

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead7544 View Post
    The forward assist was never meant to jam a round into the chamber. It was made to allow the bolt to close after letting water out of the barrel.
    I don't even use the forward assist anymore now that I found out that pushing on the little scallop cut out of the bolt carrier visible through the ejection port does exactly the same thing.

If the round doesn't chamber with that much pressure, eject it and hopefully it'll pull out whatever dirt is in the chamber and the next one'll chamber. If not it might be something bad like a case separation.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

About the only time I use the forward assist is if I'm out hunting and ease a round into the chamber and the bolt doesn't fully lock. Then it just a gentle push to get the bolt to close. Other than that you're just asking for problems like the kid in the video found out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

as my old buddy kelly maynard said" there is some violent shit going inside there" lol. did you see the comments .

@lolcatsrkool what you also don't know is that in vietnam they used the VERY FIRST m16 made. now, it's been fixed and is less likely to jam. plus, my cousin has an ak and he told me that it jams almost every time he fires it. plus, even if the ak does'nt jam alot, it's still a very cheap weapon, and that is the only good thing about it. united states made weapons are the best you can get.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by bohnscot View Post
    lol. did you see the comments .
    Don't look to youtube comments as a source for blinding insight.

Though he does have a point about the AR being improved much over the years, it doesn't relate to what happened in the video at all...

Feedback Score

So my Drill Sgt. WAS right ... "pop, no kick". I RE-learned a valuable lesson. The whole picture is worth a thousand words.

Feedback Score

Thanks for posting that one and the responses. It could keep someone from getting hurt.

Feedback Score

I am surprised Arsenal hasn't made a Worldwide commercial starting off with that video !!!!!! then finishing off by saying......This is why everyone buys AK's !!!!!!! LOL thought I'd throw that in there

Seriously though I am a big AK guy and in the begining of this year I got my first AR, I like it a lot. Now I know why everyone says act as if the forward assist isn't even there....for that very reason. That is some scary s**t.

Now here is a question, when the round blew up why did the upper not rip off and slam him in the face or anything like that....thank God it didn't but I am asking because is the AR receiver made to withstand things like that...or was it just the mag blew out easier then the upper would have and that's just where the pressure mostly went ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.