Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 BLOWS UP..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question AR-15 BLOWS UP..

Wonder what happened???
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It looked like he had a round pop a primer but not ignite the powder on the last round of the first mag. You'll notice that he extracts a case when he takes the mag out. Then when he puts a new mag in he has to hit the forward assist, that doesn't work so he chambers another round and uses the forward assist, and so on until he beat the stuck bullet in far enough for a live round to chamber. The primer has enough force to send a bullet into the rifling sometimes enough so that a new cartridge can be chambered. When he fired the next round with the plugged barrel the gun blew up. He should of checked out why the last round in the first mag didn't fire, or at least checked to see why rounds stoped chambering. I've had the powder not ignite in a mini14 with pmc ammo, and a S&W 5946 with winchester ammo. The bullet was barely stuck and easily pushed out with a cleaning rod and wouldn't of allowed me to chamber a second round, on the S&W the 9mm win bullet went about 2" down the barrel before it stopped. Had I not checked to see what had happened I would of blown up that pistol.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm pretty sure moleman's got it right. If a round doesn't chamber correctly, always stop and check that bore.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTE3 View Post
    I'm pretty sure moleman's got it right. If a round doesn't chamber correctly, always stop and check that bore.
    And when you hear a pop instead of a bang, check to see if there's a bullet still on the round that you eject. Had 1 .223 round with no powder that made the pop noise of the primer firing, but the bullet didn't leave the case. Pulled the bullet and the back of it was all carboned up.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

it was a message rom god, "dude, get some firearms training!!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

At the very least, God was saying "dude, use some common sense!"
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Pop no kick". Drilled into our heads in basic untill it we automaticly ceased fire and cleared the weapon.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I too agree it was a squib load. "I didn't load these Brian did" - I assume they are talking reloads. Quite possible a light powder charge. Easy to do if you don't pay attention while reloading.

Hey I've got it let's just keep yelling "bad primer" and beat on the forward assist! Then slap the bottom of the magazine just like they do in the video games. Oh then cycle the charging handle again after banging on the forward assist. Yeah that will do the trick.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, that looks exactly like the time my Dentist had a squib, reloaded, and fired again. Magazine blew out, carrier split, bolt was in several pieces. Luckily the upper just bulged out or he would have had a bad day.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I am with Moleman and the Kernel....

This is EXACTLY what we drill into our kids (JRS and I)...If it does not go bang, STOP! HOLD UP YOUR RIGHT HAND, WAIT FOR US TO COME AND CHECK IT OUT.......

One occasion where JRS' daughter avoided just such an incident.....That was a close call, and a great lesson. If this has never happened to you before, REREAD THE THREAD! It may save important parts of your body from serious harm...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.