Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next AR-15 Shorty in. ProjectGuns.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post Next AR-15 Shorty in. ProjectGuns.

Finally got the next shorty. Stamp applied for. June 1st. About the same time as the Col. U.S.M.C. applied for his.
    5.45x39 Rock River Arms.
    Thank you crew at ProjectGuns for the excellent inscription on the lower and your help in helping me obtain the weapon.
    Cant put it together till my stamp comes in. But I fired it with my other NFA lower.
    Is it accurate? Hell I dont know. I cant see. But bullets came out the barrel.
    5.45x39 is some of the less expensive ammo.
    Will it stop a tank. Hell I dont know. But it sure is loud.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

What do they inscribe to indicate that it's an NFA item? Also I'm curious where to look.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

very nice shorty there 4th-

i think i am going the other way with my later builds--finally going to get around to doing a 20"!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Singular idea's View Post
    What do they inscribe to indicate that it's an NFA item? Also I'm curious where to look.
    Singular. ProjectGuns has a CNC machine, I guess they call it. They inscribe my trust company name on the lower.
    I used a form 1 to get the tax stamp as I am the creator of the NFA item..
    Last one I got from ProjectGuns they were the creator of the NFA item and I was the purchaser. So we used a form 4 to transfer the already created NFA item too me.
    I set up a trust account through a lawyer so I did not have too go too the Chief of Police too obtain the firearm.
    Essentially my corporation is purchasing the weapon, not me as an individual.
    But I am the head of the corp. so I am still the owner and responsible for the weapon till I croak or transfer it.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    very nice shorty there 4th-

i think i am going the other way with my later builds--finally going to get around to doing a 20"!
    I am going the other other way. Now I want a 7". I think it was Mark had one. Shorter is better.
    If the Zombies get too close I am going too leave the weapon with my old lady and run.
    She is a goooood shot. I'll be back honey wait here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I need to go the trust route my local LEO so cool with signing off it takes sooo much longer to get approved. That 5.45 looks great+1. Damm you 4th! you got me wanting even more NFA stuff now, oh well it could be worse, I could have gotten into golfing

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I am going the other other way. Now I want a 7". I think it was Mark had one. Shorter is better.
    If the Zombies get too close I am going too leave the weapon with my old lady and run.
    She is a goooood shot. I'll be back honey wait here.

he,he, 4th! i here pirate is working on a 7.62x39 3" derringer ar-15!

it ain't the bullet that kills the zombies it is the flash,boom and fireball!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCol.U.S.M.C. View Post
    I need to go the trust route my local LEO so cool with signing off it takes sooo much longer to get approved. That 5.45 looks great+1. Damm you 4th! you got me wanting even more NFA stuff now, oh well it could be worse, I could have gotten into golfing
    Yes. Go the trust route Marine. I have Sheriff friends here who could set me up with the Chief I am sure. But would have too drive like 120 miles round trip too see him.
    Then the photo, fingerprints, asking to sign each time you want one.
    I dont like standing in line with those guys with orange jump suits.
    Once you have the trust set up you can do it all from the comfort of your home.
    Form 1, drop it in the envelope with a copy of the trust. a check for $200, done.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    he,he, 4th! i here pirate is working on a 7.62x39 3" derringer ar-15!

it ain't the bullet that kills the zombies it is the flash,boom and fireball!
    Might have too go 4". the bullet is 3". I like these shorties.
    Down here Florida way. Their really is not much long range shooting A.O.s.
    Hell if I walk across the street in the swamp you cant see more than 20 yards.
    I used too work the gun shows with my uncle Marv. He had all those pre 64 long range Winchesters. They really were not a big seller down here.
    Assault weapons, shotguns and pistols are big sellers at the shows here.
    When he did the shows out west. Long range rifles were the weapons sought after.
    Many many moons ago when I was in the Military. These shorties were highly desired. They were new at the time. The average grunt could not get them.
    They were issued too Special ops, Officers, F.O.s..
    My Dust Off buddy Fred was here the other day. He picked up some injured L.R.R.P.s...
    After they got them back. Him and his buddy "borrowed" their shorties.
    Next morning an Officer called them on the carpet.
    "I dont know or care who has those weapons. But I am going back in my office. They WILL be on the LRRPs chopper in 1 hour or someone is going to be cleaning latrines for the rest of their tour."
    They were on the chopper.
    Hell now I am old. Cant see much good anymore. Do they really sell 4" barrels.
    Talked to Pirate the other day. He said his shortie 7.62x39 with tiger ammo is like a flame thrower. Hell if you miss a zombie at least you can burn them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

yea but look at the fun factor of having the bullet stick out of the end of the barrel! you and the safety factor--you can visually check to see if a round is chambered by just looking around the front sight post!

course there is all ways the gas tube/port problem. you might have to locate the gas port in the brass?--LOL! on second thought you better go with a 4"! in reality check i may build another shortie myself. i just can't decide on either a 7.62x39 or 5.45. and i can't decide between 11.5" or 12.5"-- that is the problem with the mouse-gun ar-15s too many options!

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Might have too go 4". the bullet is 3". I like these shorties.
    Down here Florida way. Their really is not much long range shooting A.O.s.
    Hell if I walk across the street in the swamp you cant see more than 20 yards.
    I used too work the gun shows with my uncle Marv. He had all those pre 64 long range Winchesters. They really were not a big seller down here.
    Assault weapons, shotguns and pistols are big sellers at the shows here.
    When he did the shows out west. Long range rifles were the weapons sought after.
    Many many moons ago when I was in the Military. These shorties were highly desired. They were new at the time. The average grunt could not get them.
    They were issued too Special ops, Officers, F.O.s..
    My Dust Off buddy Fred was here the other day. He picked up some injured L.R.R.P.s...
    After they got them back. Him and his buddy "borrowed" their shorties.
    Next morning an Officer called them on the carpet.
    "I dont know or care who has those weapons. But I am going back in my office. They WILL be on the LRRPs chopper in 1 hour or someone is going to be cleaning latrines for the rest of their tour."
    They were on the chopper.
    Hell now I am old. Cant see much good anymore. Do they really sell 4" barrels.
    Talked to Pirate the other day. He said his shortie 7.62x39 with tiger ammo is like a flame thrower. Hell if you miss a zombie at least you can burn them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.