Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 223 under $4 a box sale

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

one other little tidbit--

while i was over at CTD reviewing this poor quality ammunition. i noticed a couple others in their reviews had noticed how hot the barrel would get after firing just a few rounds.

i just fired two rounds through the m4 and the barrel was so hot it would singe your skin! the only thing i can think of is some powder that didn't burn while the bullet was being fired is burning slowly in the barrel and heating it up?-

-like i said weird-weird ammo

Feedback Score

Hello j427x I would recomend you to take off your upper half, turn over upside down then soak inside your gas tube really wet with Hoppes solvent # 9 and use the long pipe cleaner inside the gas tube, give it a good scrubbing, then blow out the tube with compressed air, you may have a copper shaving or powder soot plugging your gas flow, it sounds like you have partily blocked gas tube or gas port if you have reduced gas flow which cause short strokes. Let us know if that works. Good luck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Isn't the tula ammo wolf ammo just in different boxes? I plan on getting some, along with some x39. My guns are all franken guns so I'm not worried.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yikes with speed devations that you guys are showing I would not even waste my time. hell some of those rounds are over 200FPS differant. the stuff is crap and not worth owning. its piss poor ammo like this that has givin the AK the reputation for being inaccurate why shoot it in your AR,s in the first place?. Keep screwing around with it and your going to get a bullet stuck in the barrel and blow the gun apart. Id find a bolt action to shot it in if I had more tham a couple of boxes. this is not a gun problem look at the deviations and perticulary the low velocity its not going to matter how much you clean the gun the ammo is junk. it is worthless for a SHTF situation as its completly unreliable and possably dangerious.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    Isn't the tula ammo wolf ammo just in different boxes? I plan on getting some, along with some x39. My guns are all franken guns so I'm not worried.
    No-if you look at the cases the steel and the coatings are a different color.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

By the way-isn't the Tula Armory where they make AKs ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMULE View Post
    Hello j427x I would recomend you to take off your upper half, turn over upside down then soak inside your gas tube really wet with Hoppes solvent # 9 and use the long pipe cleaner inside the gas tube, give it a good scrubbing, then blow out the tube with compressed air, you may have a copper shaving or powder soot plugging your gas flow, it sounds like you have partily blocked gas tube or gas port if you have reduced gas flow which cause short strokes. Let us know if that works. Good luck
    first thing i checked was the port and the tube. they are more open than a super highway--it also shows the same problems when you use in in a another firearm.

it will barely function in a overgassed 16" ar-15 or AK and even then it is very slow. in an ar with a standard port size and normal dwell time it ar-15 short strokes every shot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

wolf and bear have shipped some bad ammo. but i don't think i ever got any THIS bad--

if tula ammo had any QC at all this lot of ammo would have never left the factory. utter reject.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Going now to shoot my 7.62x39 ar. Loaded up 3 c-products mags. 1-20 rnds wolf black box. 2-20 rnds brown bear. 3-20 rnds russian white box HP-thats the stuff that comes in the 1,000 rnd wooden crate. This rifle was short stroking but I thought it was the gas tube. Put a low profile block on it to use a scope so this is a new try.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post BBill.

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    Going now to shoot my 7.62x39 ar. Loaded up 3 c-products mags. 1-20 rnds wolf black box. 2-20 rnds brown bear. 3-20 rnds russian white box HP-thats the stuff that comes in the 1,000 rnd wooden crate. This rifle was short stroking but I thought it was the gas tube. Put a low profile block on it to use a scope so this is a new try.
    I have so much ammo in there I am not sure. But pretty sure it was the Russian white box HP in the wooden crate 7.62x39 we ran a couple hundred rounds though an AK.
    All went bang.
    Accuracy. Hell I cant see so cant answer.
    Let us know please if your shooting an AR how it worked.
    What is short stroking?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.