Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 223 under $4 a box sale

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak 223 under $4 a box sale

i think thursday is the last day of the sale. course the regular price is only $4.19 sale price $3.95

AMM-2907 - Ammo .223 Tula, FMJ, 55 Grain, 20 Round Box Made in Russia, 3241 fps, Steel Cased, Polymer Coated

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Question j4..

Kinda mixed reviews on the ammo down the bottom of the page.
    Have you fired it. What do you think?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

haven't tried it yet 4th

i got a small box of it on the fed-ex ground truck headed this way. i guess we will see if it is any good when the truck pulls in the driveway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cabelas has it for $3.79 a box. Not sure on the shipping, but could add up in bulk.

Cabela's -- Tula .223 Ammunition

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've shot about 500 rds thru a Rock River that shoots anything- kinda dirty but thats why I buy russian ammo-it's cheap! Bill

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Caveman View Post
    Cabelas has it for $3.79 a box. Not sure on the shipping, but could add up in bulk.

Cabela's -- Tula .223 Ammunition

he,he! i wish i could have found this first. it is a few bucks cheaper!

my order from CTD for 500rds ran about $114 including shipping.

if i had ordered the same 500rds from cabelas i could have got them for $107.70 and saved $6.30!

it seems to have better reviews from cabelas as well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs down so far so suckey--

fired the first couple boxes on the 4th. so far it has sucked in the shortie barreled AR-15.

it short strokes about 7-8 times out of ten!

even worse it is like the shortie has caught cooties or something from this cheap ammo. it is now short-stroking on golden-bear! until i shot the tula out of it it had been running the bear ammo like a clock!

i am going to play around with it and see if i can get it to run as it is very close to running ,

the ammo seems accurate enough, gives a good strong report when fired and it has noticeable recoil. it don't seem underloaded?

if i can get some time i'll try in in one of my 16" ar-15s and my 5.56 ak.

if it runs in the 16"barreled ar's then i am going to see if i can tune up the 11.5" up enough to get it to run reliable in it. hopefully a well-worn out buffer spring or possibly bolt-carrier swap might do the trick for the 11.5" that is if the ammo isn't garbage and right now it is looking iffy---

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

O.K. j4. I will give you $1.50 a box for what you have left.
    Thank you for the report. I almost pushed the buy button.
    Me and my neighbor, a retired SWAT weapons instructor with the Orlando Sheriffs Dept. got too talking.
    He was handed every weapon made too test for the Department.
    Oh God Mall Ninjas dont beat me please. His words not mine.
    Rock River ARs ate every type of ammo they fed it.
    Highest rated. No. Like 7th on the list.
    Most accurate. Maybe not. I dont know.
    But he said the darn things went bang every time they pulled the trigger.
    Now I am going too buy some and see if he is rite.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    fired the first couple boxes on the 4th. so far it has sucked in the shortie barreled AR-15.

it short strokes about 7-8 times out of ten!

even worse it is like the shortie has caught cooties or something from this cheap ammo. it is now short-stroking on golden-bear! until i shot the tula out of it it had been running the bear ammo like a clock!

i am going to play around with it and see if i can get it to run as it is very close to running ,

the ammo seems accurate enough, gives a good strong report when fired and it has noticeable recoil. it don't seem underloaded?

if i can get some time i'll try in in one of my 16" ar-15s and my 5.56 ak.

if it runs in the 16"barreled ar's then i am going to see if i can tune up the 11.5" up enough to get it to run reliable in it. hopefully a well-worn out buffer spring or possibly bolt-carrier swap might do the trick for the 11.5" that is if the ammo isn't garbage and right now it is looking iffy---
    That was one of the russian ammos I was shooting when I had the trouble with the Del-Ton. You're right- Bear and Wolf shoot ok. The tula is a problem. Last mag of it I shot the lip on one of the cases pulled off!! Had to run a rod down the barrel to get it out!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    O.K. j4. I will give you $1.50 a box for what you have left.
    Thank you for the report. I almost pushed the buy button.
    Me and my neighbor, a retired SWAT weapons instructor with the Orlando Sheriffs Dept. got too talking.
    He was handed every weapon made too test for the Department.
    Oh God Mall Ninjas dont beat me please. His words not mine.
    Rock River ARs ate every type of ammo they fed it.
    Highest rated. No. Like 7th on the list.
    Most accurate. Maybe not. I dont know.
    But he said the darn things went bang every time they pulled the trigger.
    Now I am going too buy some and see if he is rite.
    but they didn't feed it this craptacular tula--LOL!

i would like to see a stock RR eat this crap ammo. i don't think any AR one off the shelf can run this shit without a tune up.

now an AK on the other hand should be able to run this stuff with no problems. i haven't tried it yet i might have to eat my words again--lol!

i haven't tried it on a rifle length either it may just be a SBR problem. a little extra bbl length can do wonders for an ar-15 with low pressure ammo.

this shortie is just a hair off working with the stuff. it may be something i overlooked on assembly. i did patch up a overly short buffer tube. this will compress the coils and might be the cause of the problem. though it only compressed the spring an extra one turn--

i am going to try it again with the m4 buffer tube and the weakest recoil spring i got and see if it will run it the tula then.

if it is another no-go. i'll pull the EBR bolt carrier and put in a LMT. and if that don't work i might order a wolf low power recoil spring-- or just write on the box--AK only!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.