Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AR-15 Thread Patterens

Feedback Score

Default Gas Port info.

Kernel Krink- Your post confirmed my suspicions. Iíll probably try and find a barrel and take measurements off of it, just for peace of mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Mad-Machinist- Thanks for the gas port info, this will come in handy when finding the proper placement for it. I plan on drawing up prints for the front sight base and moving it onto the barrel to find itís position. I figure the gas portís top dead center is dependent on the fitment of the barrel extension to the barrel, or are the threads timed on the barrel? If there not, why do you have to fit the front sight base yourself? Bushmaster will not sell barrels without this already installed, from what I read in their downloadable catalog. Iím not trying to make Stone Soup from asking a lot of questions, if you remember the old fairy-tail. I just want to be as accurate as possible and hope to benefit others who maybe wondering the same thing.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Threads are not timed......so after barrel extension is fitted and chamber is cut and headspaced...then the gas port is drilled and the FSB is installed......and if you buy a new FSB it has no holes drilled...just got a couple in today for customer guns....no holes...makes it a LOT easier to drill ream and pin .......if you want to email me your drawings...I'll be glad to amend them with corrections for dimensions from the prints I have..............

Feedback Score

Default AR15 Barrel Dimensions

Thanks Mad-Machinist, Iíll finish up drawing the other barrel profiles I have on hand and send them to you A.S.A.P. These should be nice for you to have as reference prints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.