Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Milsurp in 7.62X25 in blowback and DI operated?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

hey 22 boomer that mag block looks similar to my mag block thta I got earlier this year from rmw xtreme.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 54R View Post
    hey 22 boomer that mag block looks similar to my mag block thta I got earlier this year from rmw xtreme.
    Well, I made that magblock back in 2002 when I got the barrel made. I'm not sure if anybody was using the PPS-43 mags back then, but who knows. As far as the RMW magblock looking like mine -- there can't be too much difference since they both use the same magazine. It's a simple design and works great.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I just spray the heck out of my upper with carb cleaner or brake cleaner and then spray in a little oil and clean thoroughly maybe once a month.....6000+ rounds of milsurp and no corrosion on mine...and my barrel is chrom moly......and I shoot it two or three times aweek at the shop......usually go burn a mag at lunch as stress relief......

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Machinist View Post
    I just spray the heck out of my upper with carb cleaner or brake cleaner and then spray in a little oil and clean thoroughly maybe once a month.....6000+ rounds of milsurp and no corrosion on mine...and my barrel is chrom moly......and I shoot it two or three times aweek at the shop......usually go burn a mag at lunch as stress relief......
    I was told that I needed to use some water based stuff to clean after using the milsurp stuff -- the reason is to dissolve the salts -- been using windex, then clean and oil like normal. I can handle the carb cleaner and brake cleaner idea but I wondered about the corrosive salts. I guess if it works for you I need to try it.

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

and I never thought of windex....I'll have to give that a shot as well...LOL

Feedback Score

If you live in the desert areas of the US then you don't really have to worry about corrosion, but in places like LA and Florida where you have to worry about rust even on clean oiled guns then corrosive ammo gets scary, causing surface rust in hours.

I shot some corrosive commie surplus in an AK and accidentally left it sitting uncleaned for a week or so during the winter here and there was rust in the barrel, but no pitting, just very light surface rust.

I am my favorite American gunnerxxx's Avatar
    Feedback Score

you can simply purchase cleaners you would use for black powder,works for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.