Thread: New sight works

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Default New sight works

So I took my dremel and ground off my A2 gasblock/sight on my barrel, since the stupid taper pins wouldnt move for me. Well, 2 grind wheels later, it was gone, and i stuck one of those flip up sights/gas block things on there. Pretty damn sweet. shot it today, worked like a charm. not one single problem, the whole day. put 120 rnds downrange, not a hitch. was a blast to shoot! Now, just waiting for whatever assclown admin clerk is working my paperwork to hurry up and run my info so i can get my damned re-enlistment bonus, and start padding certain vendors bank accounts! wheeeeeeeeeee!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

very sweet!

now you want to build a 5.45x39 and a 7.62x39 to hand on the gun rack with this one!

kind of like potato chips--ya cant have just one--LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Nice..

How does it work with you young guys now in the Military..
    Can you use that, or do you have too use the Military issue weapon they give you.
    I see the youngguns in the Sand Box with a lot of add on stuff on their weapons.
    Any restrictions as too what they will or will not let you do too the Govt. issues weapons.
    I dont mean major structural changes. But scopes, sight changes etc. Is that stuff allowed.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

A Lot of it is location specific/regulated. Mostly, you can use what works for you. If you're hanging out on a FOB 90% of the time you're in country, a stock rifle will suit you fine. but if you're taking the fight to the bad guys, you might be more inclided to put some fancy bells and whistles and such on your rifle. It has a bunch to do with the call of the CO. If he says "I better not catch one of my Marines with a slinky attached to his rifle", then no slinkys. A lot of the stuff you see on the rifles is actually issued to the troops. I checked in here at the stumps and when i went to the armory, they handed me my custody cards for an M4, Trijicon RCO/ACOG, KA grip-pod, and an AN/PEQ2. I have my own Pentagon Xenon weapons light.

But to answer your question, no you cant have personal weapons in theater. You cant have em shipped to you, either. Im guessing its a liability thing. They M16A4s and M4s all come with a quadrail. If i was so inclined, i could put a different pistol grip on the rifle, or rubber grips on the M9 pistol (hearing rumors we may be switching sidearms soon?? yay!)

Bottom line 4th, if you can use it to kill the enemy and its not going to break on you for no reason, or cause others (friendlies) to be harmed, good to go.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.