Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Pin is In...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post The Pin is In...

Oh yeah. Happy Days are here. Front locking pin. What a pain in the ass.
    Finally used my background in the study of Chi. Took a small flat head screw driver and put it through the two pin holes.
    Then feeling super human strength. Plus the most pain in my thumb, I have ever felt in my life.
    I pushed the spring and locking pin in, until I could hold it in place with the small screwdriver, coming in from the opposite side.
    Then took the locking pin and slipped it slowly over the spring and small pin, while slowly withdrawing the screw driver.
    SAAAAAAAAANap. In she went.
    Wear safety glasses. Man that damn spring flies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I been wontin to get one of those things that shoots the little boolits.
    Do ya need to buy special tools ta make one?
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

4th, before you go any further order at least 3 dozen of all the little springs & detents so you will be guaranteed of getting at least one complete lower!!

also don't forget a few cases of beer!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well 4th you just finished up the "hard part" of an AR assembly.

the rest just a snap!

there is a tool to make installing that little flea a bit more easy. the problem it is just a little piece of metal with a hole in it to let the pin through, and every time i need to build an AR lower it is AWOL.

then after that part of the lower is finished-- the screwy tool is found hiding somewhere!--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Post No. Rails

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    I been wontin to get one of those things that shoots the little boolits.
    Do ya need to buy special tools ta make one?
    Not from what I can see so far. You can improvise. Yes like j4 says. Their is a special tool. But my method worked. Followed the instruction Gunco put up from AR-15. com. Plus what I have for a link.
    God Bless you guys over at AR for letting us use your instructions. One gun world of Bros.
    Rails it really is easy. Compared too an AK it is a piece of cake.
    You will need the wrench tool thing a dinga. Other than that. Biggest worry is scratching the receiver. Use tape,when inserting pins, as the instructor explained, so as not too scratch the receiver.
    All done except I cannot get the selector switch too pass through the hole over the trigger mechanism. It is hitting and wont go through. Has anyone had this problem before?
    Pirate. Stay open. I am on my way down. Am I really saving any money with this damn project?????
    Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Not from what I can see so far. You can improvise. Yes like j4 says. Their is a special tool. But my method worked. Followed the instruction Gunco put up from AR-15. com. Plus what I have for a link.
    God Bless you guys over at AR for letting us use your instructions. One gun world of Bros.
    Rails it really is easy. Compared too an AK it is a piece of cake.
    You will need the wrench tool thing a dinga. Other than that. Biggest worry is scratching the receiver. Use tape,when inserting pins, as the instructor explained, so as not too scratch the receiver.
    All done except I cannot get the selector switch too pass through the hole over the trigger mechanism. It is hitting and wont go through. Has anyone had this problem before?
    Pirate. Stay open. I am on my way down. Am I really saving any money with this damn project?????
    Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions! - AR15.COM

now 4th i don't think "save-money" and AR-15 can be used in the same sentence! LOL!

yea you can save a little --if you really scrounge you can save maybe $50 on building a lower.

but look at all the fun you can have!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Fun Fun.. HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH...

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    now 4th i don't think "save-money" and AR-15 can be used in the same sentence! LOL!

yea you can save a little --if you really scrounge you can save maybe $50 on building a lower.

but look at all the fun you can have!
    Where the hell are you when I need you Bro. FuNNNNNNN.. I read the directions 100 times. I praised Allah when it went together. Well not really.
    I just got off the phone with Stan. ProjectGuns. Thats it. I am done with these damn thing.
    Oh yeah. Shop. Buy a lower. Buy part ABC. Save $15... Damn I spend that on beer every-night.
    Now I am going too SBR these things. Stan "ProjectGuns" is going too engrave them for me.
    Thank God for ImInline. With the extra parts I got from him. Hooohraah. I swear too God. These things were 2 minutes away from going into 18 feet of friggen water. Oh yeah.
    My buddy Red told me if it says "Just bolts on." With my damn Harley. It took 2 mechanics 2 hours too put a air filter on for me.
    Firg this. I am sending the whole damn mess too ProjectGuns. Stan the man will put it together.
    I saved $20 and I am getting chest pains.
    Two more beers and this whole pile of crap is going in the friggen canal.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Where the hell are you when I need you Bro. FuNNNNNNN.. I read the directions 100 times. I praised Allah when it went together. Well not really.
    I just got off the phone with Stan. ProjectGuns. Thats it. I am done with these damn thing.
    Oh yeah. Shop. Buy a lower. Buy part ABC. Save $15... Damn I spend that on beer every-night.
    Now I am going too SBR these things. Stan "ProjectGuns" is going too engrave them for me.
    Thank God for ImInline. With the extra parts I got from him. Hooohraah. I swear too God. These things were 2 minutes away from going into 18 feet of friggen water. Oh yeah.
    My buddy Red told me if it says "Just bolts on." With my damn Harley. It took 2 mechanics 2 hours too put a air filter on for me.
    Firg this. I am sending the whole damn mess too ProjectGuns. Stan the man will put it together.
    I saved $20 and I am getting chest pains.
    Two more beers and this whole pile of crap is going in the friggen canal.

no don't toss the S&W! FG&F will give you a ticket for that!

if i was nearby i would slap that baby together before you could down a six-pack!

you might have to put a little oil on that safety and twist it around a bit 4th!

sometimes you run across some very tight fitting pins though. you might be in that situation.

if you got tight pins everything is going to have to be lined up perfect before the pins will slide in. and then it might take a few taps.
    i had one kit that was so tight i had to trim the ends of one side of the pin with a slight taper to get them started.

you might make use of some thing to guide the pins in. there are a few little tricks to assembly on these things. the operative word is "tight" on the pins.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

4th- go to the hardware store and get a clevis pin-the kind you put spring clips in. It will have a bunch of holes in it- just use the one on the end. I forget what size it is. J427X will know. Bill

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    4th- go to the hardware store and get a clevis pin-the kind you put spring clips in. It will have a bunch of holes in it- just use the one on the end. I forget what size it is. J427X will know. Bill
    the S&W like most others uses the small size/military style pins .154"

so a pin .154" or slightly smaller should work as a guide pin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.