Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 feeding problems even with C-products mags

Feedback Score

Default 5.45x39 feeding problems even with C-products mags

So I just took my model 1 5.45x39 gun out for the 1st time and its a jam-o-matic! Im using Bulgarian surplus ammo and C-products mags which form what im reading everywhere are supposed to work great. Well, not mine. It chambers every time when you rack the charging handle, fires and ejects the spent case fine but about half the time the bolt stirps a round off the mag and kicks the tip of the bullet up into the top of the locking lugs. I have 2 of the mags and they both do it. Any ideas???

Feedback Score

Get an ak-74.
    Overspecialize and you breed in weakness.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by AKGuy1985 View Post
    Get an ak-74.
    Yeah, I got 5 of em but I want to shoot this cheap ass ammo with my LL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sgms18 View Post
    Yeah, I got 5 of em but I want to shoot this cheap ass ammo with my LL
    Are you using the 5x45 C mags? We loaded the .223 C mags with some 5.45 and they fit, but went in kind of off kilter.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Yes, they say 5.45 on the body and the follower

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

try some USGI type mags with the green followers. then short load them and see if that problem is still there.

usually the C-5.45-39 mags work fine. though there have been a few reports of some that didn't fit proper. sounds like the rounds are going nose down in the mag--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    try some USGI type mags with the green followers. then short load them and see if that problem is still there.

usually the C-5.45-39 mags work fine. though there have been a few reports of some that didn't fit proper. sounds like the rounds are going nose down in the mag--
    Yes. You the go too man on this stuff j4. But we used too tap the back of a loaded mag too make sure the rounds were lined up toward the back and straight.
    I am just pure guessing. But sounds like a mag loading problem. My Rock River runs rounds through with the C mag like smooth.
    Bought a mag with the anti tilt follower. Wow. Nice. Now I see why people are grabbing them. Good invention.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Ok so I made it back to the range today and it seems like the more I shoot it the better it gets. I shot bout 200 rounds and I only had 2 failures as compared to probally 25 the 1st time I went. Maybe it just needs to break in? I shot 10 rounds single loading the mag and the bolt locked back every time so I don't think it's short stroking. I sent an email to C-proudcts and the guy said he would foward it to their "cheif engineer" but I haven't heard anything else from them so I don't know ehere that will go. He also said they had recived several similer complaints lately. I took one of the mags apart the other night and noticed the spring is 2 or 3 inches shorter than a GI spring. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, just an observation.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sgms18 View Post
    Ok so I made it back to the range today and it seems like the more I shoot it the better it gets. I shot bout 200 rounds and I only had 2 failures as compared to probally 25 the 1st time I went. Maybe it just needs to break in? I shot 10 rounds single loading the mag and the bolt locked back every time so I don't think it's short stroking. I sent an email to C-proudcts and the guy said he would foward it to their "cheif engineer" but I haven't heard anything else from them so I don't know ehere that will go. He also said they had recived several similer complaints lately. I took one of the mags apart the other night and noticed the spring is 2 or 3 inches shorter than a GI spring. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, just an observation.
    Have you tried other mags beside the C mag. ??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

are you running a standard weight buffer?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.