Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 5.45x39 feeding problems even with C-products mags

  1. #1
    Gunco Member sgms18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default 5.45x39 feeding problems even with C-products mags

    So I just took my model 1 5.45x39 gun out for the 1st time and its a jam-o-matic! Im using Bulgarian surplus ammo and C-products mags which form what im reading everywhere are supposed to work great. Well, not mine. It chambers every time when you rack the charging handle, fires and ejects the spent case fine but about half the time the bolt stirps a round off the mag and kicks the tip of the bullet up into the top of the locking lugs. I have 2 of the mags and they both do it. Any ideas???

  2. #2
    Sex Machine AKGuy1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NE Colorado
    Posts
    110
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Get an ak-74.
    Overspecialize and you breed in weakness.

  3. #3
    Gunco Member sgms18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKGuy1985 View Post
    Get an ak-74.
    Yeah, I got 5 of em but I want to shoot this cheap ass ammo with my LL

  4. #4
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,303
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by sgms18 View Post
    Yeah, I got 5 of em but I want to shoot this cheap ass ammo with my LL
    Are you using the 5x45 C mags? We loaded the .223 C mags with some 5.45 and they fit, but went in kind of off kilter.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  5. #5
    Gunco Member sgms18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Yes, they say 5.45 on the body and the follower

  6. #6
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,338
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    try some USGI type mags with the green followers. then short load them and see if that problem is still there.

    usually the C-5.45-39 mags work fine. though there have been a few reports of some that didn't fit proper. sounds like the rounds are going nose down in the mag--

  7. #7
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,303
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    try some USGI type mags with the green followers. then short load them and see if that problem is still there.

    usually the C-5.45-39 mags work fine. though there have been a few reports of some that didn't fit proper. sounds like the rounds are going nose down in the mag--
    Yes. You the go too man on this stuff j4. But we used too tap the back of a loaded mag too make sure the rounds were lined up toward the back and straight.
    I am just pure guessing. But sounds like a mag loading problem. My Rock River runs rounds through with the C mag like smooth.
    Bought a mag with the anti tilt follower. Wow. Nice. Now I see why people are grabbing them. Good invention.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  8. #8
    Gunco Member sgms18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Ok so I made it back to the range today and it seems like the more I shoot it the better it gets. I shot bout 200 rounds and I only had 2 failures as compared to probally 25 the 1st time I went. Maybe it just needs to break in? I shot 10 rounds single loading the mag and the bolt locked back every time so I don't think it's short stroking. I sent an email to C-proudcts and the guy said he would foward it to their "cheif engineer" but I haven't heard anything else from them so I don't know ehere that will go. He also said they had recived several similer complaints lately. I took one of the mags apart the other night and noticed the spring is 2 or 3 inches shorter than a GI spring. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, just an observation.

  9. #9
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    12,303
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by sgms18 View Post
    Ok so I made it back to the range today and it seems like the more I shoot it the better it gets. I shot bout 200 rounds and I only had 2 failures as compared to probally 25 the 1st time I went. Maybe it just needs to break in? I shot 10 rounds single loading the mag and the bolt locked back every time so I don't think it's short stroking. I sent an email to C-proudcts and the guy said he would foward it to their "cheif engineer" but I haven't heard anything else from them so I don't know ehere that will go. He also said they had recived several similer complaints lately. I took one of the mags apart the other night and noticed the spring is 2 or 3 inches shorter than a GI spring. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, just an observation.
    Have you tried other mags beside the C mag. ??
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  10. #10
    Gunco Veteran eldogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,324
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

    Default

    are you running a standard weight buffer?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •